Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot Install IE 6.0  (Read 7859 times)

bubbles335

Cannot Install IE 6.0
« on: June 18, 2004, 06:45:07 PM »
I have Windows Me and I have attempted to download and install IE 6.0  several times but the intallation has never completed. The download works fine but when it gets to the installation process it goes from 2% to 75% then says that the installation was not complete and the computer must be restarted. After I restart the computer a message comes up that says to retry the installation process but the same thing happens. I'm not sure why this is happening, can u help me?

thanks
???  

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Cannot Install IE 6.0
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 07:29:10 PM »
    bubbles335.....Is it possible the download is faulty or has some corrupted info in it......(which site did you D/l it from ).......What is the state of the parts installed .....are you able to purge it ..or are you trying to load over it?
    Exactly......what is the error message you get?

let us know

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

bubbles335

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 08:20:54 PM »
    I have tried downloading it from the Windows Update site and Download.com. I have deleted it and downlaoded it again, but the same thing happens. The error message just says that the installation was not completed, restart the computer and retry the installation.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 11:19:58 PM »
      bubbles335.....When you at the Windows download site .....and you click on scan for updates .......are there any listed in either critical updates or just updates?

let us know

dl65  ???
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 05:49:08 AM »
      Before installing Internet Explorer 6.0 did you clean your registry?

This might remove old Internet Explorer 6.0 registry entries.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/regseeker.html - Regseeker - Freeware

http://www.systweak.com/asov2/ - Advanced System Optimizer - Free Trial

Do as the programs tells you.

You donot need both, but Advanced System Optimizer is a very reliable program and it has more functions.
      « Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 05:51:06 AM by Raptor »

merlin

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 01:57:25 PM »
      bubbles you can try this >http://www.litepc.com/ieradicator.html   or search for  the c:\windows\options\cab folder you will see an icon next to the scanreg icon-----------its called setup place you cd-install disk in and click this icon<setup>this will reload your system and will not distroy any of your files..it will ask you if you wish to save xyz..you chose..ie6 does not like win9x machines..the best one is 5.5 or go for another one like firefox or advant...some say it was supposed to be what ie is not
      « Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 01:58:19 PM by merlin »

SupportWiz

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 12:46:00 AM »
      try installing it while in safe mode.