Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: adding a print server (HP Jetdirect 175X) to a wireless router (Netgear WGR614)  (Read 4006 times)

focusbiz

I just purchased an HP LaserJet 1200 that came with a Jetdirect 175X print server. I've tried to add it to my existing Netgear WGR614 wireless router with no luck. The print server is detected on the router and vice versa; the print server is also able to generate a test page through the printer. However, when I go into the router admin, the print server is not shown, even after a ipconfig/release and renew. Needless to say, the printer is not detected by my computer. Any ideas are much appreciated!

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
I just purchased an HP LaserJet 1200 that came with a Jetdirect 175X print server. I've tried to add it to my existing Netgear WGR614 wireless router with no luck. The print server is detected on the router and vice versa; the print server is also able to generate a test page through the printer. However, when I go into the router admin, the print server is not shown, even after a ipconfig/release and renew. Needless to say, the printer is not detected by my computer. Any ideas are much appreciated!
These 2 statements are conflicting, the 1st one says the router detects the print server, the 2nd one says it doesn't.  Did you install the HP JetDirect driver to you Windows Add Printer?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&tool=&query=Jetdirect+175X+#N451