Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: lost  (Read 8530 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: lost
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 06:39:54 AM »
I'm really sorry if i offended you i hate it when someone says something bad about my boyfriend too.

And if you'll look closely, children, you'll notice they didn't actually address this:

your sudden "outburst" here sort of says otherwise.

Instead they are performing what is known as an "ad homo-nem" attack. You see, instead of answering or responding to any of the questions (or my quips about the accidental word juxtaposition and thus the changed meaning of the phrase "looking your nose down at people") they instead resort to saying something completely irrelevant about their homosexual relationships. heh... "Homo-nem" I'm going to have to remember that one.

Anyway, as I noted, you made an assumption yourself, that I was offended. I was not. I saw an oppurtunity to use big words, and I took it, because I like sounding smart. Although I find that I'm only able to use a small percentage of those larger words in the right contexts I manage to get away with it because nobody reads my posts anyways, heh. Anyway, as they say, Assuming makes an "*censored*" out of "u" and some guy named ming.

So for the love of ming, stop assuming! this goes for everybody, especially that super-villian doctor* creating the assumatron, a device designed solely for making assumptions. I'm not sure how he intends to take over the world, but I assume it involves assuming people to death.

* I'm not allowed to expose this super-villian doctor, but I can say this- he's not a real doctor. He just says he is to sound more menacing. Nothing quite as terrifying as a doctor with a scalpel that knows how to use it. Well, that's not true. I'd be more afraid of a person who has a chainsaw and <doesn't> know how to use it. But I digress, my point is, I can't expose him despite his super-villiany because he's part of the giga-friends, a group of powerful super-villians with terrible ideas. For example, there is popsicle stick man, who comes from an alternate dimension where he took over the world, thereby destroying the marketability and therefore the manufacturing of popsicle sticks, which he used to build model bridges. He was so depressed he came to this dimension. And nobody can forget chisel-tip felt man, whose dimension has outlawed chisel tip felts in favour of those annoying flat ones that you need to hold at the proper angle to make thin strokes. Or stink-man, who comes from a dimension with perfume vending machines. he's smelly because he went to buy some and found the machine was out of odor.

And with that terrible pun, I end this post. Once I start digging into my puns it's a good time to stop before I subject you people to any more terrible puns, or jokes, like that one about how a bar walks into a physicist — oh, wait, wrong reference frame.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

silverpersian

Topic Starter

Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 06:49:50 AM »
    it obviously affected you what i said,
    you can tell because you wasted a long time replying to that post.
    lol you should really be spending time like that finding a job! :)

mroilfield

Mentor
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 06:59:41 AM »
    lol you should really be spending time like that finding a job! :)

You are obviously very new to this site if you think BC spent or wasted a lot of time on his reply.
    You can't fix Stupid!!!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 07:02:06 AM »
    Ask anyone. my posts are almost always long. Why I recall writing about a man who married a hawk for a good few pages, and of course who can forget the various saga's of my fictitious Aunt Martha. Most of those were in off-topic but some were in other threads that had for the most part run their course. I got a few PMs those times when I went quite overboard though, often breaking off from my otherwise helpful post to recant the death of my fictitious Aunt only to kill her again. I now try turn those energies to either nonsense blog posts or helpful ones. My ratio has been about 50-50 serious-silly, which isn't so bad, really.

you should really be spending time like that finding a job! :)
    hmm, good advice. Not because I don't already have one, mind you, but I can certainly do better. Although not many other places will give me the 5 holy days I need off for my religion. From Sunday Morning to Friday Night is considered a Holy time of fasting where my people thank the Great Possum for his many gifts to this world, Which include mostly office supplies, such as staplers and tape dispensers, but also things like KFC and pickup trucks.

* However, Pickup trucks with those canopy things on this are explicitly forbidden by the book of possum, if I may quote a passage:

And wherefore one dost discover a iron beast with which to control, using a wheel and various foot implements, and perhaps a batch of eggs, And much room in the rear for holding office supplies and fried chicken, Thou mustn't place a covering over said storage place, for this will be akin to hiding your gifts from the great possum.
    clearly this describes his rule for not placing a canopy on pickup trucks. The "batch of eggs" reference eluded our most skilled scholars for some time until they realized that it was referring to the trucks clutch.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 07:02:51 AM »
    You are obviously very new to this site if you think BC spent or wasted a lot of time on his reply.

Indeed! I enjoy any excuse to write, and use big words as it were.

P.S:Hippopotamus

mroilfield

Mentor
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 07:07:13 AM »
    Indeed! I enjoy any excuse to write, and use big words as it were.

P.S:Hippopotamus

I still say you need to put a lot of these writing in a book.
    You can't fix Stupid!!!

silverpersian

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 07:08:36 AM »
      Hippopotamus ?

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 07:11:39 AM »
      I still say you need to put a lot of these writing in a book.
      ...entitled "How to Survive on an Internet Forum"

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      « Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 07:34:53 AM »
      Hippopotamus ?

Yes they are one of the most intrinsically graceful creatures on earth. Rivalled only by the Walrus.

silverpersian

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 07:36:15 AM »
        thats a short post for you .
        are you ok?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 07:52:35 AM »
        thats a short post for you .
        are you ok?

perhaps. my path is starting to get fuzzy.

Oh no! a black cat crossed my path. That's bad luck for me it is.

silverpersian

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 08:17:11 AM »
          funny