Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: have problem with wireless internet connection.  (Read 2105 times)

crann01

Topic Starter

Rookie

have problem with wireless internet connection.
    « on: August 21, 2010, 10:57:15 AM »
    I am trying to fix a Dell Inspiron laptop.. I found drivers missing (with help from guitar man) and after i redid all those,, and restarted puter,, i went to available networks and did a repair connection,, it got on line,, so i installed AVG and ran the scan, then came back to puter after restarting for windows updates , now it is not finding any wireless networks to connect to,, I am using it right now and it works on my puter with the wireless router or the ethernet with no problems,, i will try to add another thread here,, when the windows update finishes installing all of the rest of updates,,

crann01

crann01

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: have problem with wireless internet connection. UPDATE
      « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 12:15:06 PM »
      I downloaded winsockfix and it worked, then restarted puter and quit working, Is is safe to run winsockfix for her when she wants wireless? she doesnt have it at her home yet..

I am stumped when i can get it to work with this,, but nothing else,, guess i really need to learn more on routers and networking..

Thanks all

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: have problem with wireless internet connection.
      « Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 06:18:44 PM »
      I re-read your posts twice and I can't figure out, what your current issue is :)