Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD software  (Read 2901 times)

wildwood

Topic Starter

Beginner
    DVD software
    « on: August 25, 2010, 06:43:49 AM »
    I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 with VISTA home as my OS. I have used Roxio 2010 to create a slide show and copy movies from my cam to a DVD for viewing not only on my computer but more for viewing on my home stereo components. I am continously having difficulty with this software from new updates to driver issues. Tech support is expensive and very difficult to reach. Can you suggest an alternative software whereby I can make a DVD for photos or movies viewable on a DVD connected to a TV. Free would be nice but I'd pay for a better software than Roxio that's ok tooooooooooo.

Thanks,
    Peter

truenorth

Guru

Re: DVD software
      « Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:37:07 AM »
      I have been using this one (free version) for a couple of months now. Very easy to use. No duds so far. The free version has a lead page that displays indicating that a paid version is available and that you are currently using the free version. It is not intrusive and only is visible at the beginning for a short time. The added advantage i have found that it without operator input it sizes the length of the video (by compression i assume) to fit as one video on a standard 4.7 gb dvd disc. Even though the video can be over 2 hours in length. I suggest you give it a trial and see how it works for your needs. The free version does NOT appear to be time limited.
      http://www.sothinkmedia.com/movie-dvd-maker/
      truenorth

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert