Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows  (Read 9721 times)

HP2

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • True Story
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Windows
« on: September 04, 2010, 10:52:57 AM »
Which is better:
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  ???

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Windows
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:54:53 AM »
Please.

Undertaker

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »
Windows xp is best because windows 7 not supporting every hardware devices (including bluetooth)one problem in windows xp is u need the motherboard cd for install ur drivers better choose windows xp

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 12:57:09 PM »
 ;D I love all Allans 'one word' sentences, he's learnt to communicate in the most efficient way!

Depends, but out of those I would say Win2000 and Vista are rubbish.

WinXP Pro SP3 32bit is the best for hardcore gaming, gives the most stable platform and highest frame rate, but only supports DirectX 9c (has to fake the rest) so not the highest quality graphics.

Win7 Ultimate 64bit is best for applications, multi-tasking and some gaming while looking pretty. It's a Vista re-make without so much of the junk or being such a memory hog.
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 01:53:41 PM »
Depends, but out of those I would say Win2000 and Vista are rubbish.

This statement automatically disqualifies you as someone who knows what they're talking about...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 02:06:10 PM »
This statement automatically disqualifies you as someone who knows what they're talking about...
He's a 16 year old computer expert who knows everything. How dare you question him.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 02:16:02 PM »
Sorry...

But i get your point...

Did i spell disqualifies correctly ? ?

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 02:18:07 PM »
Yes, both times :)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 02:31:23 PM »
Excellent....

alexK

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 06:48:54 PM »
Which is better:

Windows 2000--------very good, still use it
Windows XP-----------excellent
Windows Vista--------a horror story, it screwed the Windows reputation
Windows 7-------------having used Vista, I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole

As you please!

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 07:41:17 PM »
A personal opinion automatically disqualifies me? lol okay if you say so...

Keywords:
depends - what you are using it for, what version, etc
out of those I would say - expressing my own personal opinion and experience with everyday use

Don't get me wrong, Windows 2000 is great in some ways with networks and being rather stable, you can tweak it into something hardcore, but it's not really worth the time due to graphic issues.

I even know a ex-Microsoft Staff member that called Vista a piece of $h!t which should of never been released and Win7 will become it's replacement. I've used it a while then moved onto a beta version of Win7 when it came out, the beta was 20x better, the final version I now use and wouldn't dare touch Vista again - there's just no point for it! Even Win7 has been corrupted with Vista look and feel, so if you like Vista so much then your'll love Win7.

I've tried them all as I own a MSDN subscription. I still like WinXP overall and Win7 is quite nice option if you perfer Vista styles.

I've also benchmarked them all except Windows 2000 on the same hardware - WinXP best performance. Vista is a memory hog, not that people care! Win7, not has fast as WinXP but better quality graphics due to DirectX10+.

ps. Thx Allan for the complement, thats the nicest thing your ever said which is more than one word long! I don't know maybe I should change my Experience from 'experience' to 'expert' now, it's not that up yourself right? I mean it's still under you Mr 'Guru'!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 07:54:30 PM by Azzaboi »
Aaron's Game Zone

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 09:36:52 PM »
He's a 16 year old computer expert who knows everything. How dare you question him.

the GREAT Azzaboi will now allow you to ask ONE question, which he WILL answer because he has the INSIDE track the KNOWLEDGE! After all, he must, why else would he make up a bunch of stuff about knowing an "ex" microsoft staff member. (he  doesn't know him anymore then I [/i]know[/i] Raymond Chen) or how he has an "MSDN subscription". Because apparently he had a few thousand spare dollars for one. That's just how great he is. He also works in soup *SPAM* and helps the poor and has a Masters degree in Computer science and invented the cure to cancer, you WILL BOW to his obviously MORE INFORMED OPINIONS stated as FACT! Because I AM CAPITALIZING random WORDS in my SENTENCES for DRAMATIC effect!
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 10:11:29 PM »
Yes, MSDN subscriptions costs a few thousand, your right I must be a billionaire to afford that!
It's my dads, not mine personal, and it's expiring soon for the year.

My parents have visited the Microsoft Company while on holiday and yes we know some of the staff members. I don't know the 'now ex-staff' as a friend or anything, but I know what he said at least - we where gonna purchase Vista at the time, informed us to wait for Win7 as it is more like what Vista was spos to be in the first place - quote "Vista is a piece of $h!t compared to it". He was an employee working there at the time, maybe it's just crazy Microsoft trying to make more money by getting you to upgrade to the latest and greatest. I did try Vista later on through the MSDN subscription, to give it a good look over and see for myself, I think what he said was a slight understatement.

I don't anything about a soup kitchen, nor do I have a masters. As for the cure for cancer it is nearly perfected!

ps. You don't know Raymond Chen? Huh, okay well if you really want I could ring him up for you and get you a date.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 10:30:45 PM by Azzaboi »
Aaron's Game Zone

mroilfield

Mentor
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 01:05:38 AM »
I even know a ex-Microsoft Staff member that called Vista a piece of $h!t which should of never been released and Win7 will become it's replacement.

WOW!!! The ex-janitor at Microsoft thinks that Vista is a piece of $h!t. I guess they better pull all versions of it off the shelves and burn them while they still have their reputations in tack.
You can't fix Stupid!!!

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 12:23:28 PM »
It was an ex-programmer. However, good idea with the burning Vista, but what reputation, it never had any?

How much does Microsoft pay you suckers to go kiss it's @$$ ?

1 cent for each time you write it's oh-its-oh-so-perfect, if someone does buy Vista do you get a dollar?
Maybe within 5 or so years, you too will be able to afford an MSDN subscription and see for yourself?

I think only few people finally got the ba!!s to come clean and say yes it was a huge mistake with Vista.

Microsoft finally has taken all the feedback from Vista (plus and negatives) and attempted to re-create Win7 as Vista without the faults, removing what people hated. It's still no where perfect, still infected with some Vista, but at least it's a step in the right direction.
Aaron's Game Zone