Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows  (Read 9722 times)

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Windows
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »
There is no evidence that proves 100% that my spelling and grammar issues cause any sort of abdominal distress in monkeys from Russia or that it is just correlation. Besides, It's well known that abdominal injuries such as hernias would be most likely caused by the Russian Monkey slave trade. They use them for carrying barrels around, you see...

It's not just your typing that causes it.  Six monkeys that are really good friends of my cousin's classmate's girlfriend just complained of such pain emanating from azzaboi's post.

But to get this thread back on topic, I really like Windows 7 and thought Vista was an okay operating system..... In my opinion and experience, either of those operating systems are superior to older versions of Windows from a security perspective. I've also never had a problem with day to day activities using Vista on computers that I have configured myself. I've only seen problems on computers that had brand name bloatware and old drivers.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 04:50:51 PM »
If you had 10,000 Shaekspeare's typing on the internet would they reproduce the works of 1 monkey ? ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »
You beat me to it patio! That's what I was thinking...  ;D

Well, I didn't know your cousin's classmates's girlfriend pet monkeys worked for Microsoft, sorry if I offended their coding skills, their believes, religion, and/or got them fired for browsing the web rather than working. I should of known Microsoft's pet monkeys would come visit 'computer help and support' forums...
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 05:53:01 PM »
Well, I didn't know your cousin's classmates's girlfriend pet monkeys worked for Microsoft, sorry if I offended their coding skills, their believes, religion, and/or got them fired for browsing the web rather than working. I should of known Microsoft's pet monkeys would come visit 'computer help and support' forums...

-1 : Trolling
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2010, 06:31:46 PM »
Maybe I'm the cannibal troll? (watch till end)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pESOSI2hTA

Think for a second ...
This statement automatically disqualifies you as someone who knows what they're talking about...
He's a 16 year old computer expert who knows everything. How dare you question him.
and
This is fun. I wonder how long he'll go for.....
-3 : Trolling

Your own forum mods are trolling people and not just me. This started from others - I just play them.
Those that corrected my mistakes or put their own advice, I even say thanks to (including yourself a few times), however those that troll...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:45:13 PM by Azzaboi »
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade

Cityscape

Adviser

• Running Debian 8, Linux Mint and Windows 10.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 11:33:01 PM »
It depends what you want to do on your computer.

But for general use, in my opinion:

1. Windows XP (best Windows OS ever)
2. Windows 2K (like XP but without the bells & whistles and is getting a bit outdated)
3. Windows 7 (A very goos OS dispite the fact that I do not like the new inefficient taskbar and hate libraries)
4. Windows Vista (lots of different opinions on this one. I do use Vista regularly and I must say it is a decent OS, not as good as the other 3 but still decent)

But there other OS options as well, such as Linux or BSD.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2010, 04:04:00 AM »
This thread has outlived whatever usefulness it ever had. I'm locking it.