Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help Please.  (Read 3650 times)

Mainza

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Help Please.
    « on: November 26, 2010, 04:32:35 AM »
    Hello guys, I have a question. When I try opening firefox this dialog box comes up. 'The procedure entry point sqlite3_shutdown could not be located in the dynamic link library sqlite3.dll'. The dialog box's title is 'firefox.exe - Entry Point Not Found'. How do I get around this so I can use firefox once more? I am currently using IE to post this quetion.

My OS is Windows 2000 and the firefox version is 3.6.10.

Before there was a different error message but downloading a fresh sqlite3 again from the internet took it away but then this one came.

Help please.

Thanks in advance.

~Mainza

jith

Rookie
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Help Please.
      « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 04:47:13 AM »
      Hi Mainza,

Download a fresh copy of Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older.html  and do a reinstall of Firefox over the top of the current version.

If that still causes the same problem then do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox before reinstalling.

Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere (not in the Firefox program folder) and won't be affected by a reinstall...

Regards,
      JiTh
      Server Administrator
      Regards,
      JiTh,
      Sr.Server Administrator

Mainza

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 05:09:58 AM »
        I've tried downloading it again but when I start the set up it says 'Extracting...' then stops at random numbers and does nothing the highes it's gone up yp is 80 and the lowest 21. I'll try the deleting solution and I'l tell you the results in a minute.

Thanks jith,

~Mainza

Mainza

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 05:22:56 AM »
          I deleted firefox then I reinstalled buut it went to 'Extracting 83%' twice in a row then stopped and nothing happened. Now I don't have any firefox working or not. Help urgently I don't like IE.

jith

Rookie
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Expert
            « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 03:17:52 AM »
            Just disable / stop your anti virus while extracting.. may be your anti virus program is blocking it..  Don't forget to enable  the anti virus after extracting..

Regards,
            JiTh
            Server Administrator
            Regards,
            JiTh,
            Sr.Server Administrator