Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer changes spacing and only prints every other page of word document  (Read 9316 times)

truenorth

Guru

Re: Printer changes spacing and only prints every other page of word document
    « Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »
    Ok well that is probably the best answer i would have wanted. Now i am going to include another link to an HP site on your specific printer. It details what to do if the printing result was not what you expected. If that does NOT resolve your issue then my advice (given the printer should still be under warranty) is to return it for a replacement. This is a reversal of my position re it being a problem with MS Word and NOT the printer. But if it has never done it then you need to get a printer that will. There is one more thing that you can try. Given that you are still under warranty i suggest that you contact HP printer Tech support (by phone) as you should still be under free warranty support. If they cannot resolve it they will instruct you to return it. But if your point of purchase retailer is close at hand i suggest (with your receipt) taking it there as it will be less hassle and quicker.
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=4066042&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=4066042&objectID=c02464969

truenorth

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »

I also found this, an HP link
    http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=4066042&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=4066042&objectID=c02237576

Thought 'Solution Six' might be worth trying - Print and evaluate a diagnostic report and troubleshoot defects

(@truenorth, don't want to step on your toes)
    11 cheers for binary !

positivedays

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 06:58:52 PM »
      The only option that I was able to change was "Advance Printing Features."  I disabled this feature and the document printed!  Before I did this I googled this command and I guess it has something to do with the way the computer and printer communicate, so I tried it.  I have printed a couple of different things and everything seems to be okay  :)

Thanks truenorth, you got me there!

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 07:22:10 AM »
        posiitivedays,Sometimes life is grand,well done in persevering.Your very welcome glad to have been of assistance.
        reddevilggg, No need to apologize. This is a forum where we ALL can contribute. I certainly am NOT the possessor of all wisdom and knowledge. The satisfaction comes from helping another member to overcome their problem.
        truenorth

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 12:49:33 PM »

reddevilggg, No need to apologize. This is a forum where we ALL can contribute. I certainly am NOT the possessor of all wisdom and knowledge. The satisfaction comes from helping another member to overcome their problem.
        truenorth

WOW, if only everyone held this, very wise and humble view. The world would be a better, and a bit more friendly, place. Thank you
        11 cheers for binary !