Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows vista to windows 7 upgrade  (Read 2628 times)

deanieanderson

Topic Starter

Starter

windows vista to windows 7 upgrade
    « on: September 13, 2010, 05:38:23 PM »
    i have a dell laptop with windows vista ultimate and recently purchased a windows 7 ultimate upgrade.  the upgrade disc came in today and this is what is says on the disc "for use only as an upgrade to a qualifying hp windows 7 upgrade option pc."  i called the company i ordered the upgrade from and they tell me it will upgrade windows on any vista pc.  she's also saying that if i open it and try it and it doesn't work that i can call back and no problem to return it.  i'm doubting this to be true and hate to open the sealed disc before knowing if it will work or not.

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: windows vista to windows 7 upgrade
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »
    it should work.

"for use only as an upgrade to a qualifying hp windows 7 upgrade option pc." simply meant it was included when you bought specific select HP PC's. It doesn't mean that the upgrade is limited to HP pc's .

I think if dell sent you the upgrade, they would give you a working CD. They don't want an unhappy customer  :)

If it still doesn't work, have it sent back, like the lady said to you. Hopefully you have the name of the person who told you that info and the date and time when you called.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: windows vista to windows 7 upgrade
    « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 05:19:49 AM »
    Vista IS a qualifying Windows 7 upgrade option. Just do the upgrade.