Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with Windows Media Player 10  (Read 7000 times)

Country_Bumpkin

Re: Problem with Windows Media Player 10
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 07:31:53 PM »
I have MusicMatch Jukebox Plus Version 10 which I uninstalled thinking it was the cause of the problem. I have reinstalled it, it has identified all my tracks ok but I have the same sound problem now with that.
Another issue is the Musicmatch burner won't load up at all, it throws up an error and freezes. I have emailed musicmatch about that, I think that if I'm paying for it they should sort it out.
I can't find anything similar to media player to rectify the problem. I'll just keep working on ot until I find it or I'll mail them again.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 07:33:21 PM by Country_Bumpkin »

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 07:35:18 PM »
So it also happens to other programs when playing music?

Does it happen when:

1. Playing videogames
2. Playing NON-MP3 data
3. Playing an audio CD/DVD
4. Playing system sounds that programs initiate?

Country_Bumpkin

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 04:50:53 PM »
Does it happen when:

1. Playing videogames
2. Playing NON-MP3 data
3. Playing an audio CD/DVD
4. Playing system sounds that programs initiate?

1. I don't use my PC for video games so that doesn't matter to me.
2. All other data plays ok
3. I just tried a dvd, that was fine.
4. System sounds work just as they should.
The problem is now with the re-installed musicmatch. It has the same problem with playback as I had with media player. This includes all sources. MP3/CD whatever, exactly the same muffled distant sounds on playback. I want to burn to cd but for some reason meadia player doesn't like my cdr's and musicmatch cd burner crashes, so either way I can't burn to cd.
I am waiting on a reply from musicmatch re: the burner problem then I wil hit them with the playback one

Raptor

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 05:59:13 PM »
I want to burn to cd but for some reason meadia player doesn't like my cdr's and musicmatch cd burner crashes, so either way I can't burn to cd.

I had the same problem with my CD-RW drive as well. It end up being resolved after having it removed and placed in another computer. Now it works as it should. Odd, I tell you.

Your problem has got me perplexed. Are you certain you have the correct drivers installed? The latest drivers obtained from the manufacturers website?

Country_Bumpkin

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 06:58:08 PM »

Your problem has got me perplexed. Are you certain you have the correct drivers installed? The latest drivers obtained from the manufacturers website?

I'm not 100% certain I'll check again.
Watch this space