Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: error opening attachments in Outlook 2000 on Window server 2003  (Read 6959 times)

Pascal

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    error opening attachments in Outlook 2000 on Window server 2003
    « on: September 27, 2010, 10:27:02 AM »
    We are using a citrix environment and in one profile we suddenly are not able to open attachments in the mail. On the same machine but with a different login we are able to open them.

This appeared on this account at first on citrix 1 but now it also happens on citrx 2.

If we login with webmail we till can open them  ???

If we want to open mail in outlook 2000 it asks if we want to open it or save it, but neither can be done

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: error opening attachments in Outlook 2000 on Window server 2003
    « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 04:44:03 PM »
    We are going to need a lot more information in order to help you. So far, we know that Citrix and Server 2003 are involved in some fashion (not sure how) and that you're using Outlook 2000. Not nearly enough information to figure out what the problem is.
    Also, are you the systems/network administrator or is that someone else's job?

Please post back with more info. :)

Pascal

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 02:26:35 AM »
      I,m not the admin, but i have the rights to do so.

We are working with an window server and exchange, to login with tin clients at our office we use citrix to go to our windows application server.

Untill some days ago outlook and opening the attachments did work fine, but suddenly outlook doesn't open the attachments in just one profile any more. It's still working on behave of my colleges. On the internet i found something about temp files that are too big or adjusting the register.....

michaewlewis

Intermediate
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 12:19:34 PM »
      I'm not familiar at all with Citrix, so I can't really help much with that, but one thing you could try is renaming or deleting the user profile in question (C:\Documents and Settings\*user*\). It's possible something just got corrupted and is affecting the way files/attachments open.