Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wow version problems  (Read 4362 times)

Tan_Za

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • Starcraft and C programming
    • Experience: Experienced
    Wow version problems
    « on: September 28, 2010, 01:58:04 AM »
    I am not one to normaly play world of warcraft but i have already got bored of starcraft 2(sort of will play sometimes). Anyway i was given the first game and the 2 expainsions for it and i have installed the first one on my windows 7 pc. I have been trying to install the next one which is burning crusade but it says that they are incompatable... I have found out that the original wow is in the language set of English(GB) and the burning crusade is in English(US). How can i get around this so i can install the expansion??
    Is it possible to change the one installed on my pc to be english(US)??

Thanks,
    Tan_Za

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Wow version problems
    « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 04:18:26 AM »
    Not if the key you have is for a non-US version. You will need to purchase a US version of the game. You can do this through the US version's website if you can't find it in stores, as they usually only have the World of Warcraft Battlechest now and not always the single original game.

WoW on Blizzard Store: http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000034

You could try contacting Blizzard Support and see what they tell you, but I don't think they'll do anything:
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/index.xml?locale=en_US&gameId=11&rootCategoryId=2316

The different regional servers are not necessarily on the same patch anyway. Sometimes the US and EU versions are at slightly different points, making patched versions for one incompatible with others. China is just now getting Wrath of the Lich King and I'm not sure where Korea is. Curious, why someone would give you a mixed set of games?

Tan_Za

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
      Thanks for your help man,
      i live in australia and bought the original in Sydney and the two expansions in WA so i dont know why they had diff versions but ya i think illl have to go out and buy another us version of the original...

thx for ur help,
      Tan_Za

Tan_Za

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »
        All is well now blizzard decided to give me a download link for the us version and to use the cd i got with the bg version with the us one. All works well now thanks for anyhelp guys,

Tan_Za

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 01:12:07 AM »
        Excellent, good to hear.