Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The IPHLPAPI.DLL file cannot start. Check the file to determine the problem.  (Read 5773 times)

dkfinger

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

I recently removed a Trojan from my Windows 98SE laptop, and after restarting my computer, I got an error message saying, "Error Starting Program: The IPHLPAPI.DLL file cannot start. Check the file to determine the problem."  Now my computer no longer reads my PCMCIA wireless adapter.  I uninstalled the drivers for the adapter, replaced the iphlpapi.dll file in the system folder with a copied one from the options/cabs folder and then reinstalled the network adapter drivers, but the error message still pops up.  I've read that on some Windows ME computers this happens when AOL 9.0 is installed, but I have never installed any version of AOL on the computer.

It's a:
    Toshiba Satellite 1605CDS
    running:
    Windows 98 Second Edition
    with a:
    Motorola WN825G Wireless Notebook Adapter
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:56:20 PM by dkfinger »

dkfinger

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Also, details:
      It's a:
      Toshiba Satellite 1605CDS
      running:
      Windows 98 Second Edition
      with a:
      Motorola WN825G Wireless Notebook Adapter

anunciatelo1110

Hi,

have u installed any new program / software on that days? if yes remove the newly installed application and try using System Restore to solve this problem by rolling back your system to before the problem started..

Regards,