Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: life length of a batch file  (Read 6678 times)

Gus

life length of a batch file
« on: June 21, 2004, 07:45:03 AM »
hi
i'm currently using a batch file to encode several files but the lifetime of my .bat changes from one time to another  :-[

i mean it sometimes lasts for more than an hour and sometimes less than 15 mins without changing anything in my code (which is quite simple, calling the wmencoder one).

Does anybody have an idea why it changes so much, as i didn't find anything about this over the internet  :-/

thx in advance.

chade

Re: life length of a batch file
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 11:56:08 PM »
hi
i'm currently using a batch file to encode several files but the lifetime of my .bat changes from one time to another  :-[

i mean it sometimes lasts for more than an hour and sometimes less than 15 mins without changing anything in my code (which is quite simple, calling the wmencoder one).

I think you've found your answer.  The 'lifetime' of the batch file is affected by the files it calls.  You will no doubt find your solution there - its impossible to tell more without getting more specific about what you are doing.