Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Keeps crapping out  (Read 7337 times)

deargodpleasehelp

Internet Keeps crapping out
« on: October 16, 2010, 01:08:24 PM »
High, I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.4, and Its a  Mac someone gave to me, unluckily while doing a spotlight I typed V (I was searching for a video) and it accidentally (the touchy-touchpad) clicked on Vuze, (of course a Torrent application). And that's when things started to screw up.

I don't know what the *censored* happend, but then my internet connection JUST DIED.
Even after I closed Vuze it still messed up, Also, Mac OS X asked me if I wanted to allow Vuze to connect, I clicked Deny. :/
It works fine on my other computers, but not for this Mac. I tried the Network Diagnostics tool, and after a 'test' or whatever, it started working again. But this only lasted for a Few Minutes before it quit working again.

So I trashed Vuze.app into the trash Bin, CleanMyMac asked me if it wants to uninstall it completely, I chose No.

I tried it again, but it doesn't show me a dialog box anymore. And If I trash it out of the trash, (empty the trash bin), It will still leave all it's garbage 'Vuze' files all over my HDD, so I'm stuck here, I don't know what to do.

Is it my ISP that banned my IP address?
I also read somewhere while searching, that "...basically your DoS'ing yourself " ... " Flooding your own connection"... I DON'T *censored* KNOW!!!
I don't know anything!!! I don't know what to do, Nothing!!! I am COMPLETELY stuck on this!!! ;(

What am I suposed to do? Someone please just help me, I don't know what to do and I need help really badly.... Can someone tell me what I can/should do? I tried restarting it, but that does nothing still. :(

Please help me!  :'( :'( :'(

deargodpleasehelp

Re: Internet Keeps crapping out
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 01:10:03 PM »
<sorry, I accidentally hit Quote instead of modify>

deargodpleasehelp

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 08:30:28 AM »
Oh come on! Is nobody replying because 'Vuze' is illegal?

Or is it because I 'bumped' my own thread (or it looks like I did because I was the only poster here!?)  >:(
Oh god forbid I mention 'torrent'!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 08:38:48 AM »
Oh come on! Is nobody replying because 'Vuze' is illegal?

Or is it because I 'bumped' my own thread (or it looks like I did because I was the only poster here!?)  >:(
Oh god forbid I mention 'torrent'!
no

EDIT: We don't have very many regular members who are familiar with OSX.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 09:14:14 AM »
Another possible reason is that you're a constant complainer and whiner. But I could be wrong.

OpenSource

Beginner

• Certifications: List
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 02:40:12 PM »
    Start with a hardware diagnostic.  You're on 10.4 so I can't tell if you're using power PC or an intel processor.  If you have an intel processor, use the disc that came with it and hold down D when you boot up.

Are you on wireless or plugged in?  I'm not too familiar with tiger, but in snow leopard I would remove the internet connection in airport by clicking on the connection and clicking the (-) key on the bottom.  Then click the (+) key to create a new one.  Also make sure your proxy settings are off.  If you do happen to have proxy settings on there, you're more than likely infected with a virus.  Your wireless card could be crapping out on ya too.  It's just really hard to tell without having the computer.

Since you got the computer secondhand I would suggest you backup your data and reload the Mac.  Boot to the disc that came with your computer and hold down D.  Make sure you run disk utility to format the drive before clicking 'next' to reinstall it.  If you do a re-install of OSX without formatting first, all of your old crap will still be there.

CherylMWa

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 03:04:03 AM »
    If  You  are  new  to  Mac  OSX  and  You  also  happen  to  be  Lucky  enough  to  live  close  to  an  Apple  Store  I  would  suggest  taking  your  Mac  to  the  Genius Bar  to  have  a  Genius  take  a  look  at  it  before  You  Stress  yourself  out  further  - and  potentially  risk  doing  something  that  could  have  a  negative  effect  on  your  Mac  .  You  can  schedule  an  appointment  in  advance  via  Apple's  Website  or  drop-in  and  wait  for  an  available  time  slot .  Apple  has  Excellent  Customer  Service  ,  and  chances  are  they  will  be  able  to  fix  whatever  needs  to  be  fixed  in  a  matter  of  minutes  right  there  in  front  of  you  .  This  service  is  Free  of  course  .  Another  thing  that  works  with  Macs  is  to  Firewire  yours  to  another  Mac  and  set  it  to  Target Disc Mode   -  then  step  back  and  allow  the  other  Mac  to  "Fix"  your  Mac ...

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 06:07:22 AM »
    also, i have a problem with the censored swearing, there is absolutley NO need

I don't know what the *censored* happend,
    I dont understand what happened

... I DON'T *censored* KNOW!!!
    I'm stuck can you help

Forum rules state no swearing, IMO censoring your own cursing shows a total disrespect for all young people who use this forum.

I, personally, NEVER answer a post that has censored swearing! ( that may be why you dont get that many replies), but also you EXPECT to be answered within 19 hours of posting and make out that the lack of replies is, some how, personal.

Grow up and act responsibly, maybe you'll get the help you need
    11 cheers for binary !

deargodpleasehelp

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 10:17:14 AM »
    also, i have a problem with the censored swearing, there is absolutley NO need
    I dont understand what happened
    I'm stuck can you help

Forum rules state no swearing, IMO censoring your own cursing shows a total disrespect for all young people who use this forum.

I, personally, NEVER answer a post that has censored swearing! ( that may be why you dont get that many replies), but also you EXPECT to be answered within 19 hours of posting and make out that the lack of replies is, some how, personal.

Grow up and act responsibly, maybe you'll get the help you need

Yes, thank you for the info, I will use this wisely next time I make a post. ;)

Also, due to CH's restrictions, I am unable to edit my post right now, they seem to be set on a time limit; that therefor- after the time is up, the post can no longer be edited. So if an admin could handle this him/herself, because I am not in control of old posts anymore, that would certainly do us [italic]All[/Italic] a favour.

Thank you. :)

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 06:23:20 PM »

Thank you for being understanding, i'm sure it will make a difference.  :)
    11 cheers for binary !