Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Speakers wont install.  (Read 2635 times)

Brandon MacPhers

Speakers wont install.
« on: August 03, 2005, 03:34:37 AM »
I have my speakers hooked up correctly. Light green to light green in the back of the tower, but the speakers wont install. When I go into my controll pannel and go into the sound options most of the buttons to change speaker settings are made so I cannot press them.. I have no clue what to do with this. :-/ Any one know what to do?

Raptor

Re: Speakers wont install.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 05:51:06 AM »
I have my speakers hooked up correctly. Light green to light green in the back of the tower, but the speakers wont install. When I go into my controll pannel and go into the sound options most of the buttons to change speaker settings are made so I cannot press them.. I have no clue what to do with this. :-/ Any one know what to do?

You first have to install soundcard drivers.

These can be obtained from the manufacturers website or the CD-ROM given with the soundcard or computer it self.

If you do not know what the above means or how to do so, do not hesitate to inquire for instructions.

Brandon MacPhers

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 06:19:13 AM »
Im not sure about what make my sound card is. Any online tests you know of?

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 06:25:04 AM »
Since the drivers are not yet installed, there is no simple way of determining what your soundcard is.

You can try the following:

• Removing the case doors and inspect the PCI slots for the soundcard and its name
  • List the name of your mainboard (In case the soundcard is onboard)
  • Listing the brand and model number of your computer
  • Search through all the software/documentation that was given with your computer.

Do you have a sound icon in your system tray?

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 05:16:47 PM »
Your speakers should still work! Have you turned the mains adapter on! And  the speakers!