Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Desktop & laptop help  (Read 1945 times)

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Desktop & laptop help
« on: October 28, 2010, 03:41:34 PM »
I have a computer, that is quite old, but is havong trouble now, I think it is a dead hard drive but I am not shure

It was running windows 98

motherboard:
intel desktop board D815EEA2 \ D815EPEA2
I dont know the hard drive, because i am afraid of taking the system totally apart.

I turn it on, it runs the immage for intel, after a muinute, it comes to a screen displaying

"Drive not ready - system halted'
it was not connected to the internet for some time.

I also have another computer not working right now. It is a toshiba satellite 2595cdt, it is having trouble booting. it will ask between microsoft windows and microsoft windows xp professional. after i select professional, it will sau that windows did not start succesfullu, and that a recent hardware of software change might be the culprit. i have no addont as in hardware, but i have no idea what happened to the software.

it is running xp professional. It had a hard drive that was almost full.

any help greatly apreciated.
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.