Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adding Microsoft Outlook Address Book to Brother Multifunction Printer  (Read 4286 times)

zjiwa

I have bought a Brother All in one machine. When sending out a fax it opens up with an address book designed for the brother printer only which is empty and it seems I have to manually add all the contacts in. Is there a way that I can select Outlook Address book for the ease of finding the contact information and select that as the recipient?

Mulreay

Egghead
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Space and Science
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Adding Microsoft Outlook Address Book to Brother Multifunction Printer
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 07:45:42 PM »
As I'm from Manchester I know 'Brother' made in Manchester. I doubt very much that 'Brother' is compatible with many OS's. It's a stand alone company unfortunately.
For when the One Great Scorer comes
To write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost,
But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

Salmon Trout

Re: Adding Microsoft Outlook Address Book to Brother Multifunction Printer
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 02:04:03 AM »
As I'm from Manchester I know 'Brother' made in Manchester.

I don't think so. The Brother Printer Company began in Japan in 1908 as the Yasui Sewing Machine Co.  In 1934 it became Nippon Sewing Machine Manufacturing Co, and in the 1950s the company began to call itself the Brother International Corporation. In 1971 they started selling high-speed dot matrix printers. In early 2003, the Brother Printer Company began selling multi-function devices. These are made in Shenzhen in China.

I doubt very much that 'Brother' is compatible with many OS's. It's a stand alone company unfortunately.

It is a big printer company like Canon or Epson.