Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Upload Speed  (Read 9053 times)

Salmon Trout

Re: Internet Upload Speed
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
I hate google.

That's your right. But don't whine like a girl when you can't find things.

If you include the word "internet" or "broadband" in that search, it doesn't come up...

... and your point is?

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
Poor wording, "I hate Google at times." there Fixed.

My point is that why would including a word of reference e.g. internet or broadband (so the search engine looks for webpages relating to broadband or the internet) prevent pages pertaining to upload speeds for the internet?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »
My point is that why would including a word of reference e.g. internet or broadband (so the search engine looks for webpages relating to broadband or the internet) prevent pages pertaining to upload speeds for the internet?

It doesn't "prevent" them. It just puts them further down the list of results. If you have Google's default of 10 results to a page you may not even see the ones you want.

If you type in "broadband" and "internet", the search engine doesn't look for pages "relating to" broadband or the internet, it isn't that smart. It looks for pages containing those words. If you want to know about Virginmedia upload and download speeds, typing "Virginmedia upload download speeds" will ensure that pages containing all four of those words are ranked at the top of your results. If you put in other words you are widening the search unnecessarily.