Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 graphic drivers?  (Read 2361 times)

Helper4789

2 graphic drivers?
« on: November 13, 2010, 01:56:26 AM »
Good morning Forum,

I would just like to see if anyone has the same problem as me and if they know how to fix it. I have just purchased a Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 1GB Graphics card, thus i had to purchase a more powerful power supply. However, windows would not load up after all of this was done? So thus i reinstalled windows XP, hoping that it would do the trick, no difference. What happens is, When you load up windows XP, it goes to the boot logo, with the loading bar (This is after windows XP is installed) and then it just shows a light black screen. Why is this? And this is plugged into the graphics driver.

I am not trying to install my windows 7 disc i have purchased. I am going to see how that goes, and then i am going to post an update when the installation is finished. But why is this doing that to windows XP? I like windows XP, i don't exactly want to change over to windows 7, it's unnecessary? Please help!

**UPDATES FROM ME WILL BE POSTED BELOW**

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: 2 graphic drivers?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 05:17:17 AM »
To be more clear, give as much info. for your computer model/specs(mobo) and your newly purchased graphics card. Check also any documentations of your machine if your new card is compatible with your on-board chipset and check your  BIOS set-up for the installed card. You may also have an on-board card that needs to be configured under BIOS settings. Have you done a complete reformat successfully? With card installed or not?