Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSOD with 0x0000007B  (Read 5830 times)

mengchee

Topic Starter

Rookie

BSOD with 0x0000007B
    « on: September 27, 2009, 08:06:24 AM »
    I am having a BSOD when after a reboot from uninstalling 'Returnil' from my computer. I am not able to start up windows after passing all the beep post. In return the BSOD error: STOP: 0x0000007B, ( 0xF8911528, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000 ). I tried to run in 'safe mode' but failed also. I could see all the files when I run with a LiveCD. I am trying to go to windows system restore to an earlier point but I find no way to it. Please let me know a way to solve this problem. My OS.XP Pro. SP2. Thanks.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: BSOD with 0x0000007B
    « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 08:35:12 AM »
    From MSDN:

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
    (Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
    Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

samnang

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 09:03:15 AM »
      Stop 0x000000ED (UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME)

Stop 0x0000007B (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)

These two errors have similar causes and the same troubleshooting steps apply to both of them. These stop codes always occur during the startup process. When you encounter one of these stop codes, the following has happened:

1   The system has completed the Power-On Self-Test (POST).

2   The system has loaded NTLDR and transferred control of the startup process to NTOSKRNL (the kernel).

3   NTOSKRNL is confused. Either it cannot find the rest of itself, or it cannot read the file system at the location it believes it is stored.

When troubleshooting this error, your task is to find out why the Windows kernel is confused and fix the cause of the confusion.

Things to check:
      The SATA controller configuration in the system BIOS If the SATA controller gets toggled from ATA to AHCI mode (or vice versa), then Windows will not be able to talk to the SATA controller because the different modes require different drivers. Try toggling the SATA controller mode in the BIOS.

RAID settings You may receive this error if you've been experimenting with the RAID controller settings. Try changing the RAID settings back to Autodetect (usually accurate).

Improperly or poorly seated cabling Try reseating the data cables that connect the drive and its controller at both ends.

Hard drive failure Run the built-in diagnostics on the hard drive. Remember: Code 7 signifies correctable data corruption, not disk failure.
      File system corruption Launch the recovery console from the Windows installation disc and run chkdsk /f /r.

Improperly configured BOOT.INI (Windows XP). If you have inadvertently erased or tinkered with the boot.ini file, you may receive stop code 0x7B during the startup process. Launch the recovery console from the Windows installation disc and run BOOTCFG /REBUILD

Blue Screen Problems:
      From:http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/document?c=us&docid=66FBC7D3DC053663E040AE0AB6E123A3&l=en&s=gen

mengchee

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »
        Thanks samnang  I think it maybe something regarding the boot.ini files.  I have mentioned that after the uninstallation of the said application and after a reboot it happen. The thing as it is now I could not run 'safe mode', it load the drivers and after a while the same BSOD  appeared again. The only thing is that I could see all the files in this hdd but could not find the system restore ( I doubt whether it help as I have not set a restore point before uninstalling the application.). Hoping you can provide further helps. I also wish to thanks patio for the reply I could not see in the BSOD screen this "0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" there was no error message but the parameter I am not sure what it mean. Thanks again and I hope to hear from you all.

samnang

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 12:52:32 PM »
          about the Bootcfg command and its uses pls check site
          http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291980

Broni

Mastermind
          • Kraków my love :)
            • Computer Help Forum
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »
          If you have Windows CD...(if you don't have Windows CD, scroll down)

1. Insert your Windows XP CD into your CD and assure that your CD-ROM drive is capable of booting the CD.
          2. Once you have booted from CD, do NOT select the option that states: Press F2 to initiate the Automated System Recovery (ASR) tool.
          You’re going to proceed until you see the following screen, at which point you will press the “R” key to enter the recovery console:

3. After you have selected the appropriate option from step two, you will be prompted to select a valid Windows installation (typically number “1″).
          Select the installation number, and hit Enter.
          If there is an administrator password for the administrator account, enter it and hit Enter (if asked for the password, and you don't know it, you're out of luck).
          You will be greeted with this screen, which indicates a recovery console at the ready:

4. There are eight commands you must enter in sequence to repair your problem..
          NOTE. Make sure, you press Enter after each command. Make sure, all commands are exact, including "spaces".
          These commands are as follows:

CD..
          ATTRIB -H C:\boot.ini
          ATTRIB -S C:\boot.ini
          ATTRIB -R C:\boot.ini
          del boot.ini
          BOOTCFG /Rebuild

Note about the above command.
          BOOTCFG /REBUILD command which searches for pre-existing installations of Windows XP and rebuilds sundry essential components of the Windows operating system, recompiles the BOOT.INI file and corrects a litany of common Windows errors.
          It is very important that you do one or both of the following two things:
          A.) Every Windows XP owner must use /FASTDETECT as OS Load Option when the rebuild process is finalizing.
          B.) If you are the owner of a CPU featuring Intel’s XD or AMD’s NX buffer overflow protection, you must also use /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN as an OS Load Option.
          For the Enter Load Identifier portion of this command, you should enter the name of the operating system you have installed.
          If, for example, you are using Windows XP Home, you could type Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition for the identifier (it's not crucial, however what the name is, as long, as it's meaningful).
          Here is your computer screen:

5. Following command verifies the integrity of the hard drive containing the Windows XP installation. While this step is not an essential function in our process, it’s still good to be sure that the drive is physically capable of running windows, in that it contains no bad sectors or other corruptions that might be the culprit:

CHKDSK /R

6. This last command writes a new boot sector to the hard drive and cleans up all the loose ends we created by rebuilding the BOOT.INI file and the system files. When the Windows Recovery Console asks you if you are Sure you want to write a new bootsector to the partition C: ? just hit “Y”, then Enter to confirm your decision:

FIXBOOT

7. It’s time to reboot your PC by typing
          EXIT 
          and pressing Enter.

With any luck, your PC will boot successfully into Windows XP as if your various DLL, Hive, EXE and NTLDR errors never existed.

If you don't have Windows CD...
          Download Windows Recovery Console: http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.iso
          Download, and install free Imgburn: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
          Using Imgburn, burn rc.iso to a CD.
          Boot to the CD...let it finish loading.
          When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
          Then, follow instructions from Step #3 above.

mengchee

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »
            I am happy to hear from you all and with all the help given here my sincere thanks to all.  I for a start will try the recovery console to repair it with the XP CD.  I am afraid it will ask for the password as it is I do not enter any password when installing XP.  Can I overcome this password problem if it ask for it.  Anyway I will try and see if it works if not I try others which are given here.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 07:19:39 AM »
            If prompted for a password simply hit Enter...
            If the system had no password it will continue.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

yami

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 09:53:43 AM »
              I have done all of this but still get blue screen and unable to boot in safe mode.
              0x00000007b(0xf78a2524,0xcoooo34, etc, etc)

Broni

Mastermind
              • Kraków my love :)
                • Computer Help Forum
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »
              yami
              You need to start your own topic, describing your issues.
              This topic is over 1 year old.