Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Linksys WRT110??  (Read 2680 times)

wmtrecartin

Topic Starter

Starter

Linksys WRT110??
    « on: November 23, 2010, 06:36:44 PM »
    Okay I have a Linksys RangePlus Wireless Router (WRT110) which I've had hooked up to a Windows XP computer, I've since upgraded to a Windows 7 computer. Cisco's LiveChat said I can hook the router up to my Windows 7 computer, I just have to go to 192.168.1.1 and manually set up the router, this is as far as they will help because my router is no longer under warranty!

My problem........when I typed in my username and password I got a message saying it was incorrect. Does anyone know how I can 'erase' or 'reset' this?

Zync

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Linksys WRT110??
      « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »
      Did you buy the router new?  If so leave the user name blank and type admin for the password for a linksys.  Careful about that reset button on those; you can actually mess up the firmware if you hold it down too long on those ciscos.

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Linksys WRT110??
      « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 01:51:27 PM »
      On older Linksys routers, the default username is blank and the default password is "admin." On newer Linksys routers, both the default username and the default password are set to "admin."

This will only work if the user has not changed the default username and password.  If the default was changed they router will need to be reset to factory before the instructions by Zync can be preformed.

After the router is reset to factory you will have to have it connected via Ethernet Cable.
      "Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."