Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hibernate/Sleep not offered for Enable is Win 7  (Read 15786 times)

johngetter

Hopeful

• The Computer Master (Number 2)
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Hibernate/Sleep not offered for Enable is Win 7
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 06:11:35 AM »
I was feeling charitable...   :P

Look man dont tell me im subjective when your subjective all the time in this forum....
your just makin urself look bad when you dont let people express opinions. Instead you always...always, turn them down.

Were not even talkin bout this thread.

Call of Duty Player
Operation 7 Player
Halo Reach Player
Acer User

I am glad to help you today...Have a Nice Day, From your Friendl

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 06:17:22 AM »
Look man dont tell me im subjective when your subjective all the time in this forum....
your just makin urself look bad when you dont let people express opinions. Instead you always...always, turn them down.

Watch yourself. Aside from the fact that BC is a well regarded and respected member of the CH community, you are the one turning this personal. And you're the one who started this by posting a ridiculous comment and then trying to defend it. You should just let it go (which, if you'd done several posts ago, none of this would now be going on).

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 06:42:31 AM »
Look man dont tell me im subjective
I didn't... when did I? I can point out where I said that feel was a very subjective thing (although as ST pointed out it is in fact completely subjective), but nowhere did I call you subjective.  A "subjective" opinion is one based on first hand experience; clearly somebody describing a feeling is describing something subjectively, that was essentially the flaw with your initial assessment that they were close to the same, based on that feel. I wasn't saying that your assessment was wrong; you're obviously free to think that any OS feels like any other; some people might say that Windows on the whole feels similar to any other GUI Shells insomuch as they contrast with a text based UI, others might think they feel different because they use different window decorations, icons, and may use them slightly differently. In the same vein some people might think that DOS has a similar "feel" to it as UNIX, since they are both Command line interfaces. Other people would find they don't have the same feel because they use different syntax. It doesn't mean any of the people are wrong, but if somebody says "MS-DOS and UNIX are very close to be the same......but there is some differences " based on that feel, I'm going to try to at least clarify what they mean. At a glance, they can appear very similar; C> versus $ as prompts being the only true difference aside from the different banners. But once you start using it, you realize that MS-DOS and UNIX are very different systems with very different end-user goals. Similarly, while Vista and 7 "feel" the same at a glance, there are really no fewer differences between them then there are between, say, mac OS System 7 and System 8.

when your subjective all the time in this forum....
straw man.
it's still supposed to be you're. I can only imagine "urself" is some sort of homage to Urkel, placed in the form of a straw man.
[/quote]
[/quote]
then it's off-topic.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

johngetter

Hopeful

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »
 I Didnt mean for that to slip out. I was just doing some gaming and got disconnected while i had a 27 kill streak....Sorry all I was in a bad mood. I Gotta say sorry BC.

Could ya forgive me man?

Call of Duty Player
Operation 7 Player
Halo Reach Player
Acer User

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 06:40:26 PM »
I Didnt mean for that to slip out. I was just doing some gaming and got disconnected while i had a 27 kill streak....Sorry all I was in a bad mood. I Gotta say sorry BC.

Could ya forgive me man?

sure
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

johngetter

Hopeful

Call of Duty Player
Operation 7 Player
Halo Reach Player
Acer User