Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor /display problem  (Read 2445 times)

glennamy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Monitor /display problem
    « on: December 06, 2010, 05:49:39 AM »
    Hi, I have purchased a pc  and a 23" monitor separately for my daughters Christmas present, i have connected them using an hdmi cable and it works fine except for when the image appears on the monitor it cuts off the image slightly both top and bottom & left/right making it very hard to have pages full screen and icons are half missing etc I thought this would just fit the screen perfectly after connecting... silly me

I am using a hp pavillion p6551uk windows 7 64bit and the monitor is a samsung syncmaster p2370hd

It appeared to recognise the monitor was a syncmaster after just connecting, but I have now tried to install the drivers for it with the disc provided but the setting are still the same and nothing changes... can anyone please help this not very technical person  ???

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Monitor /display problem
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 05:56:04 AM »
    Is there some reason you're using hdmi? Is there a DVI connection available? If so, and if hdmi is not a necessity, I'd try the DVI (white cable).

glennamy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 06:11:00 AM »
      Hi there,

thank you for the quick reply   :) I just thought i would use an hdmi cable, don't know why, but I just tried using a vga cable that came supplied with the pc and a dvi adaptor on the end and it works  :) the problem is sorted.

Thank you so much, you are a star and your help is much appreciated.

Glenn

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 06:13:36 AM »
      You're very welcome. I've always found the digital signal, which is completely self-adjusting, to be the most reliable.