Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop stopped connecting to home wireless network after a visit to wifi spot  (Read 2327 times)

laurak92831

Hi,

Tuesday my laptop was connecting fine to my home wireless network. Went out and connected to a coffee shop with no problems. Later that night at home I tried to get back on and can not.

I have a Lenovo with Windows 7, using Chrome for my browser. Talked to ATT U-verse for an hour and they could not help after several attempts. I have had my router reset. went into cmd and checked my ip address. My control panel shows that everything is connected and active but the internet will not load.  >:(

I also have McAfee that is controlling my firewall and for some reason I can not change the settings.

Any further ideas or suggestions? :-\

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Change the order of preferred networks? Maybe your laptop is still looking the coffee shop connection? Sorry I'm not familiar with Windows 7.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
You have a network icon in the lower right corner of your screen.  Right?  Do it have a red X on it?  You should be able to click on it (might be right click) and view the available connections.  What do you see there?

Ann 2011

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi
    1.-  Go to control panel, network and sharing center, and then on youir left press Manage wireless networks,then on the open window youll see the option Manage wireless networks that use
    Below youll see Networks you can view,modify and reorder,
    select all of them and one by one  remove them.
     2.- On the right hand near the time, press on the computer icon and then you will see the networks near you, find your network, click on it and connect, add your security key and then connect, be sure that the on/off button wireless option is on the mode on,
    If that doesnt work, let me know, and i will try to give you further assistance....

Let me know if i helped u, ok? it worked to me!!!  :D