Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: temporary profile becomes default  (Read 2443 times)

harry.bade

temporary profile becomes default
« on: December 18, 2010, 02:44:13 AM »
Hi
A few days ago when i logged into my asus laptop it told me it was unable to load the user profile with the typical message and loaded a temporary profile.. since then, when i have i logged onto my account (account name=user), it does not show any message like this but still logs in to the same temporary profile (that is, changes i make to this temporary profile ARE being saved).

in the documents and settings of my hard drive the "user" folder still contains all the correct files etc., nothing seems to have happened to it however, in the home page of my computer, where it shows "shared documents" and "user's documents", "user's documents" is essentially empty- and thus the temporary profile. when i right click on this "user's documents" it tells the location for this shortcut is not in fact C:\Documents and settings\user (where i assume it is meant to be) but C:\documents and settings\TEMP.YOUR-A2858FAB54, which seems to be the temporary profile windows has created. any suggestions as to how to get it to load the actual profile rather than this temporary one?

thanks