Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet 7.0 will not stay open when accessed.  (Read 2833 times)

William56

Topic Starter

Rookie

Internet 7.0 will not stay open when accessed.
    « on: December 19, 2010, 02:11:26 PM »
    I recently started having serious probems with my Internet 7.0. I am fairly sure its not a virus. I haven't added any additional programs recently. This PC may be possessed [kiding]. Here are the symptoms. When clicking on the Explorer Icon the access to the web begins, but immediately shuts down. It  pops open then closed. Just that simple. Then the blue screen of death comes up. It says: A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON PAGE_AREA. It suggests to remove BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. However the PC needs to be in safe mode. I can get the PC in safe mode. I'm just not sure how to do this and accomplish the removal task. A dialogue box pops up with additional information regarding my attempts to get to the web. "The instruction at "Ox7eje3834" referred memory at "Ox 000000." The memory could not be written." Not very helpful to me.
    What I have done so far.

1. Repaired Windows XP
    2. Reset the options on the Internet.
    3. Tried a repair program

Once the repair of Windows XP finished the access to the Internet worked just fine. Its when I booted up the following time it began to have the same problems. I am to the point that if this solution to this problem is long and difficult I may just start over with the operating system. I would do that now but my computer is a Pentium 4 and I may not be able to get past the 132 GB barrier with the present BIOS. Thanks for looking, and thanks in advance.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Internet 7.0 will not stay open when accessed.
    « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 02:37:22 PM »
    What I have done so far.

1. Repaired Windows XP
    2. Reset the options on the Internet.
    3. Tried a repair program
    Don't know what any of those things mean but let's not worry about that right now.

Does this only happen when you open IE - no other time? Do other browsers work (Firefox, Opera, Safari)? Have you run a diagnostic on your ram?

William56

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 03:41:48 PM »
      Allan,
      It only happens when I try to open IE 7. It opens very briefly and closes down very fast  I do not have any other browsers at this time. I am not sure how to run a diagnostic on my RAM, but if you can give me clear directions I would be happy to give it a try . Would running this diagnostic tool tell me what kind of ram I have? Hey,  don't know, but I like to learn. Thanks.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 03:45:38 PM »
      Let's start by downloading and installing Firefox. I'd like to see if the problem is with IE or with accessing the web. Download it on another system, copy it to usb drive or cd or whatever you like and then copy to the problem system and install.