Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Possible modem problem?  (Read 3288 times)

PennehWize

Possible modem problem?
« on: August 08, 2005, 05:26:25 PM »
I have three computers in my house that are connected to the internet, and my dads laptop, and my xbox, all hooked into the internet through the same modem, and because they are on the same modem, i should be able to save a file on one computer and open it on one of my other ones, but for some reason it wont let me

other example: i should be able to print on any of the 3 computers, but i can only print using the computer directly next to the printer

example 3: I downloaded XBC (Xbox Connect) for my computer, which should allow me to play certain xbox games online, so i open up the program, and i try to join a room that has been hosted or i try to host a room, and it says that first XBC has to accept my xbox into the system and asks me to select a network adapter to allow it into the system, so a window pops up that should have a list of network adapters but instead is just blank white space, if i click "OK", it says that i didnt choose a network adapter and to choose one then try again, but i cant cus the window is blank

my mom says these problems are all related to i figure they can all be fixed at once, so if anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Raptor

Re: Possible modem problem?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 06:02:48 PM »
Are you using a Router? You may be blocking ports required by your Xbox software.

You may also need to make the printer accessible for the other computers by creating accounts with privileges.

2k dummy

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 07:47:16 AM »
All being connected through the same modem does not mean they are networked. It only means they share a connection. You must first create a network in order to share resources.

PennehWize

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 10:52:57 AM »
All being connected through the same modem does not mean they are networked. It only means they share a connection. You must first create a network in order to share resources.

i forgot to mention that, yes, my computers are networked

merlin_2