Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue Screen..stop: 0X000000ED  (Read 33815 times)

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Blue Screen..stop: 0X000000ED
    « Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 11:56:45 PM »
    Thank you...On my desk top I was using a wireless mouse and key board. Will this make a difference?
    I found my old Hard drive....I change to a larger hard drive. I just took the hard drive out and didn't earse anything on it. If this loads then it is my hard drive.....and I will get a new one. But if I still have the problem then I will change my power supply. I miss my computer so I will try anything. I will download the hard drive diagnostics too....thanks again
    Then I can test it...I believe its a Western, I know they are good hard drives. My other hard drive is a WD too.

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 12:00:51 AM »
     See if you can find a ps2 keyboard to do the repair with.
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 08:41:54 AM »
      I have pluged in my other hard drive.....I still have the blue screen it comes up right after the system information. I guess the next step I should do is change the power supply. Or does anybody have any other Idea's as to what my be wrong with my computer?

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 05:23:19 PM »
      Put your original hard drive back in. It has your operting system on it.
      I dont think it is your power supply. If the power supply was faulty then you wouln't have power.

Yes...I did all that. It was when I got to the License Agreement when thats where it stoped. It did nothing when I pressed F8 = I agree.  The other opions worked but the F8 = I agree didn't work. It would not go any further then the License Agreement.

Again...would that be my hard drive or the power supply?

It may be the keyboard.
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 08:03:28 PM »
        Thank you JJ 3000 ....I will see if I can find someone with a keyboard and then try to repair my computer. May take awhile...I live out in the sticks, next time I am in town is not until next weekend.

Thanks again!

killerb255

Adviser
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 10:22:51 PM »
          Hello again....I am using Windows XP pro. I have been searching the net for a solution. I found this in several different places.
          If you are using high-throughput ATA disks and controllers capable of a data transfer rate higher than 33.3 megabytes per second, replace the standard 40 pin cable with an 80 pin cable.
          Not being to dumb but what does this mean? Does it mean I should change the cable from my hard drive to my motherboard? I did use an older cable from another computer when I rebuilt my computer.

If your computer is newer than, say, six years old, then this shouldn't be a problem. 

The IDE cable that your hard drive is using is what that message is referring to.  Older cables are 40 pin (and some cables for CD and DVD-ROM drives still use 40).  Newer ones are 80-pin (the ribbon has thinner wires...80 of them instead of 40). 

In any case, I don't think that's relevant (even less relevant if your hard drive is SATA), so we can take our focus off of this.

Put your original hard drive back in. It has your operting system on it.
          I dont think it is your power supply. If the power supply was faulty then you wouln't have power.

Yes...I did all that. It was when I got to the License Agreement when thats where it stoped. It did nothing when I pressed F8 = I agree.  The other opions worked but the F8 = I agree didn't work. It would not go any further then the License Agreement.

Again...would that be my hard drive or the power supply?

It may be the keyboard.

I don't think it's the keyboard.  Otherwise, it wouldn't have accepted any input (it would have been stuck on the part where you have to press Enter to install Windows). 

I think it's one of two things:
          1) Corrupt data on the hard drive
          2) The hard drive is toast.

Try running CHKDSK /r through the Recovery Console (press R to get to the recovery console instead of pressing Enter to install Windows). 
          Quote from: talontromper
          Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 08:58:50 AM »
            Thank you killerb255,

I did try running CHKDSK /r through the Recovery Console first, but this didn't work. I had a feeling it maybe was my hard drive....my other hard drive should have worked though...it has the same Windows XP on it as well...unless both Hard drives where faulty. My old hard drive was lying around for a few years.
            What I think I will do is buy a new hard drive and cables, and then a power supply and then see...if this doesn't work then I will change the motherboard and prossesser. Rebuild a new computer.

Thanks everyone for your help.

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 10:45:29 PM »
              I found the problem...it was my Floppy drive. I do not use it anyway, so I took it out...Computer works great...Thanks all for your help.

killerb255

Adviser
                « Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 05:00:37 PM »
                Ah!  I can see how that could be the case.

After the F8 step during XP install, it scans all drives (including floppy)...
                Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                  • BC-Programming.com
                • Certifications: List
                • Computer: Specs
                • Experience: Beginner
                « Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »
                I believe the EULA requires you to scroll to the end before the next button becomes active.
                I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

amanda1990

Blue Screen
                « Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 06:28:45 PM »
                Hi, I've been getting the same blue screen on my computer saying that it's dumping my memory, my computer is a WindowsXP, every time I get it the screen, I am either on Yahoo Messenger or just playing spider solitar. I put yahoo on my computer a couple days ago but I recently had to take it off cause it was acting up.  I would like to know what this screen means and how to fix it!!!!  thanks much  amanda :)
                « Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 06:41:11 PM by amanda1990 »

amanda1990

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 06:35:43 PM »
                Hi Again,
                one more question: where can I find CHKDSK ??
                I've had it pop-up afew times on my alerts!

killerb255

Adviser
                  « Reply #27 on: December 28, 2008, 07:22:57 PM »
                  Amanda: Please start a new topic.  We get distracted easily enough as is when we focus on ONE problem, much less two in the same topic. :)

fatjonir

• Experience: Beginner
                    « Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »
                    i have the same problem on my laptop sony vaio...
                    i can't do nothing with it, the windows not start, my com only restart.
                    i can't format because the c: partition not delet..the com says: C: partion cant daleted or an error occurred......
                    all i want is to start my laptop because i have a lot of value thing on partition D:
                    the save mode not work, start with shift not work, f12 conect with net not work..
                    have any idea or any code any way to start the com?

Allan

• Mastermind
                    • Experience: Guru
                    « Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 07:12:49 AM »
                    Please start your own thread.