Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: EVGA nForce 780i  (Read 11586 times)

BluerjB

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Windows 7
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
EVGA nForce 780i
« on: January 20, 2011, 10:17:09 AM »
I recently bought a EVGA nForce 780i and wanted to see how much my CPU can overclock. At first i tried raising the FSB speeds that only let up to my system shutting down when i saved the BIOS settings. So i was confused. I didnt know how to overclock with this mtherboard, so i turned to EVGA forums since they're more informed about this. But aparently i was wrong since all i got was a link to an old post that was talking about how to over clocking QuadCore's and since i dont have a QuadCore but have a DualCore processor it didn't help much but to give me a hint of how to do it. So after a while not having my system OC'ed i thought to myself "Ohh what the *censored*, I'll just go with my gut and see what I can achieve. Increased the CPU voltages to 1.4v and increased the FSB speed to 1200. which got me to 3,7GHz. The only bad thing is that now I have the extremly loud fan that is keeping my CPU cool. But after a while the noise get anoying and i just turned it down to 3.0GHz not that bad now. I hope this post will help some people that dont know how to Overclock.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: EVGA nForce 780i
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »
It will.