Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Suspicious.Cloud.2  (Read 11229 times)

Antivirusn00b

Suspicious.Cloud.2
« on: February 05, 2011, 09:45:27 AM »
Hey guys,

I have a lot of experience with computer hardware and software, but on antivirus I'm a newbie. I am playing Call of Duty Black Ops, and this guy released a mod for it, and it comes with a loader.exe to load the mod. But Norton says there's a virus in it called Suspicious.Cloud.2. The guy who released the mod claims it is unrightfully being labeled as a virus. Is it possible? I thought that if it was indeed unrightfully labeled as a virus, it would be seen as a trojan?

Anyway, I just need to know if there is a chance that this is indeed an actual virus and what the creator of it could potentially do with it?

Thanks in advance. Here's a screenshot:

http://www.blazed-esports.com/forum/uploads/images/1296918290-U2.png

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Suspicious.Cloud.2
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 09:46:57 AM »
Is it possible an av thinks a legitimate file is malicious? Yes. Is that the case with this particular file? I don't know.

Salmon Trout

Re: Suspicious.Cloud.2
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:22:45 AM »
Norton says there's a virus in it called Suspicious.Cloud.2. The guy who released the mod claims it is unrightfully being labeled as a virus.

What is the point of having antivirus if you ignore its warnings if you don't like them? Or prefer to believe a "mod releaser" who is already the wrong side, if not the law, then of the rules of many gaming sites.

I Googled a discussion of one hack for Call of duty: Black Ops, people wondered if Norton was wrongly detecting it, here are some of the comments I found...

If you download this, say good bye to your steam account.

This is a f****** virus you MORONS. It steals your steam account

It is a VIRUS and does not work. I'm not saying that because I don't like cheaters because I was going to use it but it is a load of crap.

(This is a good one)...

how do you remove the exe that keeps running every time it starts up windows?

i lol'd @ every stupid noobs who downloaded this ROFL