Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: connecting problems  (Read 2560 times)

helpme101

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    connecting problems
    « on: January 23, 2011, 07:44:42 PM »
    I am having problems connecting a laptop to the internet. i have a wireless router, and i am able to get other computers connected to the network and the internet. but i am having problems getting another laptop connected to the internet. according to the network sharing map, the laptop that i am having problems getting connected to the internet, the laptop is connected to the network and to the internet, but when i try loading webpages, i am unable to. the web browser is telling me that the webpage is unavailable. any suggestions?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: connecting problems
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 01:08:48 AM »
    Welcome to the Computer Hope forum.
    Volutes are ready to help, but we have a need of information.
    First thing, we need to know what operating system you are using. How many computers you have and how you connect each to the network and the internet. Also the model number of the router.
    And haven you been able to connect all computers in the past? Can all connect using an Ethernet cable,? Is it just one laptop that can not get into the in ternet using wireless?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 01:51:50 AM »
    Volutes are ready to help

Those volutes are so helpful.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »
    Those volutes are so helpful.
    Excise my French.
    Although in Europe volutes were been used in façades since 1470, they turned fashionable after Il Gesu, 1570. Very soon those volutes spread all over, specially in Germany. Heidelberg is filled with them: Hotel Ritter (1592), Friedrichsbau (1607).
    The volutes only reached Brazilian façades in 1680, with the jesuitic church of Salvador, then the Portuguese colonial capital. There is an interesting theory that traces those volutes to the Rollwerk style design books of Vredeman de Vries. When Philip the 3rd, King of Spain and Portugal visited Lisbon, in 1619, many flemish artisans helped to prepare and adorn the city. Maybe those were the first volutes seen in Portugal. A few years later the Chapel of the Franciscan Third Order was built (also in Salvador), with richly adorned volutes, in a style not to be seen again in Brazil.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »