Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Java Plug-in 2 SSV Helper & JQSIEStartDetectorImp 1 Class, what is advantages?  (Read 7057 times)

pattybrew

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Both these browser helpers are installed on my machine, Windows XP SP2. I use IE 8 and Firefox. Are they both necessary and/or what is the advantages or disadvantages of them? I do need the Shockwave Flash/Adobe Flash Player.
    I also need help in getting my Firefox running to use multiple windows without the Flash crashing. I am seriously considering going back to the ver . All flash crashing probs. started after installing ver3. I have disabled all the Add-0ns in both browsers that I dare.   I do see some processes running in the Task Manager that I have not seen before.
    Help please and thank you so much.
    This site has helped me with various problems in the past. I am trying to get machine running like it did 2 years so am doing some major cleaning out. Just wish I knew more about what I am doing. I fear of removing something that is necessary. I have done that and don't want to go through that again. I will gladly send any info that you need to help.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    I am trying to get machine running like it did 2 years so am doing some major cleaning out.
    Ok. Is the machine slowed down, crashing?
    I do see some processes running in the Task Manager that I have not seen before.
    Any previous or recently added exe files(system scanner, updates) could affect background process. You could run an Antispyware,Malware and perform a complete scan for your harddrive.
    All flash crashing probs. started after installing ver3
    Will disabling add-ons removed the particular crash? On what browser?

pattybrew

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      Thanks Jason. I believe the problems are from video/graphics and software that I no longer use, I don't think I use anyway.  hmmmm
      I have tried using newer ver graphics/video software/drivers and not much better but some. I have some flickering at some points where the cursor pointer is on the flashing cursor and it does an uncontroling flash.(very fast) if that makes any sense.
      The big problem is to get Firefox running without all the Flash Crashes. I cannot open more that one window ,that uses Flash, at a time without Flash crashing. It is very frustrating.

I have run several malware and virus scans and nothing shows up. I keep Java and Flash updated. With each update I make sure to run RA to remove the old one.  May have to totally remove Firefox and all profile, preferences etc and just reinstall it all including Flash and Java. I really don't want to do that but it may be the most thorough fix. So many of friends are having the same problem with Firefox Flash  crashes.
      I have tried uninstalling Flash and Java and reinstalling it but that does not help.

pattybrew

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        Any previous or recently added exe files(system scanner, updates) could affect background process. You could run an Antispyware,Malware and perform a complete scan for your harddrive.

They showed up following a Windows XP reinstall which was a BIG mistake that I totally regret.

pattybrew

Topic Starter

Intermediate
          the above quote also includes my reply. Don't know how th seperate them without doing the quote+post+posting my reply to the quote in seperate window.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
          The big problem is to get Firefox running without all the Flash Crashes
          I have tried using newer ver graphics/video software/drivers and not much better but some
          See here --> http://noscript.net/faq#qa3_1 Javascript,Noscript FAQ,Troubleshooting.
          You may need to look for other issues concerning your Firefox browser by reading.
          Do not manual update Java, just set it to prompt you when there is an available update. Try also disabling JQS in your control panel reboot and check firefox crashes. I may suggest using Foxit but will have to wait for the results on these suggestions for it may not point to a quick solution.