Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: smartzone email access  (Read 6446 times)

Barbara Wishart

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    smartzone email access
    « on: February 19, 2011, 06:20:08 AM »
    How can I open attachments - browser is blocking

How can I copy and send an email?

cybermac1255

Re: smartzone email access
      « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 10:40:38 AM »
      Hi Barbara:

To copy and send an email, try dragging your mouse over everything you want to copy (hilite). Select the Apple (command) key and the C key simultaneously. This will add the highlighted text to your clipboard. Open a new mail form and position your cursor in the text box. Select the Apple (command) key and the V key simultaneously. This should paste the initially highlighted text into the mail form.

As an alternative, after highlighting the text to be copied, in your mail program go to Edit on the toolbar, select copy in the pull down menu, open a new mail message, go back to Edit in the toolbar and select paste in the pull down menu.

Either way should do the trick.

You didn't say what type of attachment won't open.

Barbara Wishart

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 03:14:10 AM »
         When I hightlite then go to edit, copy then to forward or new mail then to edit again and paste - the text appears in the "to" box, so the addressee and text to be forwarded are together.  With the command and C keys the text disappears and the new mail comes up without sign of the text.  What in the world am I doing wrong??
        I prefer using the edit procedure that I used successfully until I started using smartzone.  So far this particular mail system is driving me crazy.

The attachments that I'm not able to open are generally simple emails from friends.

cybermac1255

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »
          If the text appears in the "to" line after performing copy and paste, then you need to position your cursor in the text block of the mail form. If the text is appearing in the To box it's because that's where you last had your cursor. Cut,  before pasting, position your cursor in the text box, then paste.