Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Java AV Books program, listed in Control panel/programs at 51GB?  (Read 3161 times)

Steb

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Java AV Books program, listed in Control panel/programs at 51GB?
    « on: February 05, 2011, 07:38:41 AM »
    I noticed a program in the Contro panel/Programs listed with a Java logo called AV Books, (no publisher listed) at 51 GB. Anybody know what it is?

TulsaRose

Re: Java AV Books program, listed in Control panel/programs at 51GB?
    « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:07:03 AM »
    Have you downloaded a program (or an entire book) for digital books\ebooks? 

While in the Control Panel\Add-Remove Programs list, did you click on the entry for more information?  Need more details. ??? 

You could do a Google search for "Java AV Books" and probably find more information than you ever wanted. 

Steb

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 08:27:19 AM »
      Rose,
      That's what puzzling. I went online and basically got zip.I tried Java, Sun microsytems, Wikipedia etc. I recently got an e-reader but have only downloaded a couple of books. Reader software wouldn't take up 51GB, would it? I'm showing roughly half of 250 GB HD used. So this would be more than a third of used drive space.Clicking on it just gets Uninstall/ Change program. No info. I have cousins in OK, by the way, formerly Tulsans.
      steb (canada)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:37:47 AM »
      It's an Audio Visual Book Program of some sort. Note the Java icon is probably used simply because it is written in Java and they didn't bother to change it.

Although It's odd how it takes up so much space. Personally I'd go spelunking to find the Program Files folder that the software is installed in and see what is taking up all that space.  (well, actually, that's not true, I'd probably uninstall it, but it could very well be something you use without knowing it)

Also; sometimes the size listing there can get "broken"; I've had corrupted entries state that things like Office were using over 3 Petabytes (which is of course impossible).
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.