Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: old blue imac:email problem after 4 years  (Read 5343 times)

matti

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    old blue imac:email problem after 4 years
    « on: February 07, 2011, 01:15:12 AM »
    We have 2 imacs os9: myself and my brother. After about 4 years both got the same problem, that we are not able to solve. The computer itself is functioning OK, but there is a problem in the email. As I had it 3 years ago, I do not remember exactly what the error message was, but I think it mentioned that the disk was full. As this is not the case, something else must be wrong. I think that the possibility exists that 'the directory is full'. But we do not understand which directory this is. And we would like to keep old emails.
    I solved the problem by reinstalling the whole computer from the start up disk, but I think this is too radical for an error that is essentially located.
    I would like to receive information from someone who experienced the same problem. I cannot find a clue in the problemsdatabase of Apple.  Is there someone who can help my brother? I am sure that it must be a problem that everyone has is OS9 in email.
    Thanks very much, Mathilde.

matti

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: imac OS9 and email error message
      « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 04:17:05 PM »
      For this Imac Os9 anyone a suggestion for the mail-disk error message? The computer functions otherwise without problems.

Thanks very much, Mathilde.