Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Zoom for front facing camera on iPod Touch 4G/iPhone 4?  (Read 13036 times)

mcdidd

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Zoom for front facing camera on iPod Touch 4G/iPhone 4?
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:07:10 PM »
I got an iPod Touch 4G a few months ago, and, as most of you probably know, it has 2 cameras: a front facing camera for FaceTime, and a back facing camera for just about everything else. Anyone who has the newest iPod or iPhone knows that only the back facing camera has zoom. One day, I was playing with the settings on my iPod, and i turned VoiceOver on (built-in narration feature for the visually impaired). Then, I went into the camera app. There was a zoom slider on the FRONT FACING CAMERA. I slid it, and it zoomed. As soon as I disabled VoiceOver, the zoom slider disappeared. Of course, zoom on the front facing camera is absolutely pointless due to the poor quality of the camera, but I just found it interesting that it could be done. I have been looking around to see if anyone else figured it out, and i can't seem to find anything online. Has anyone else ever noticed this, or is this the first time this has ever been heard of?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:17:39 PM by mcdidd »

Kirbopher

Beginner

• Yes
    • The Computer Clan
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Zoom for front facing camera on iPod Touch 4G/iPhone 4?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 03:39:31 PM »
There should be a zoom feature have you tried tapping where the zoom tab usually is or does it just focus? and what iOS are you running?
because on my iPhone 3G there is no focus feature but when i tap anywhere i get the zoom tab.
Remember the 6 R's to troubleshooting
Retry, Restart, Research, Reinstall, Restore, Replace

mcdidd

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 08:11:49 AM »
There is zoom on the back camera. If you tap the screen, the zoom slider shows up. However, on the front slider, there is usually no slider. You can tap the screen to focus, but the zoom just isn't there.

Kirbopher

Beginner

• Yes
    • The Computer Clan
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:53:36 AM »
there should be an option somewhere in general settings like Accessability
Remember the 6 R's to troubleshooting
Retry, Restart, Research, Reinstall, Restore, Replace

techiee

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 05:37:20 PM »
Actually on my ipod 4g i just press the camera screen a couple of times really quick and zoom comes its a little quicker rather than going through the process above..

mcdidd

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
Actually on my ipod 4g i just press the camera screen a couple of times really quick and zoom comes its a little quicker rather than going through the process above..

But that's only on the back camera, right? My front camera doesn't get the zoom bar when i tap the screen.