Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adobe flash player crashed repeatedly  (Read 14925 times)

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Adobe flash player crashed repeatedly
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 12:09:02 PM »
I assume it's only crashing with high volume streaming on flash?
Do you have multiple web-pages open at a time?
Check to make sure your net isn't cutting out sometimes. Are you using a wi-fi signal or wired?

Do you use any anti-virus scanners like AVG which has a web link scanner? They might be interferring while doing their scan.

Update your graphic card drivers to the latest version (if not already) as it might be an issue with 'graphic' hardware acceleration on flash.

Also note:
Mozilla is urging all users to update to Firefox 3.6.6 in order to fix performance slowdowns and problems with the most recent Adobe Flash plugin version 10.1.63.54, installed as part of Flash Player 10.1. Wrote in a blog post that Firefox 3.6.6 brought along enhancements to the crash protection feature, first introduced in Firefox 3.6.4.

Crash protection, also called out-of-process plugin support, basically allows you to reload the web page when a plugin like Flash or Silverlight becomes unresponsive rather than bring down the entire browser. Firefox 3.6.6 simply extends the amount of time it’ll wait before terminating unresponsive plugins:

Following the release of Firefox 3.6.4 we heard from some users, mainly those using older computers, that they sometimes expect longer periods of non-responsiveness from plugins, especially with games. For these users the default timeout of 10 seconds was too short. To address this, we increased the amount of time Firefox waits for a plugin to respond before terminating it from 10 to 45 seconds.

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2010/06/26/firefox-3-6-6-now-available-for-download/

It looks like a lot of people might be having issues with the latest version of flash crashing:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/666489?tstart=0
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade

devorrah

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »
    I tried again today to watch espn3 on my laptop. Invariably the program crashed after a few minutes. Also, it will stop or lag often as I watch. I have tried reinstalling firefox 3.6.12 which is supposed to have crash protection. I have reinstalled over and over adobe flash player the latest version. I have gone into adobe settings and unchecked hardware acceleration and I have changed it to 1 mb. Nothing is working. This is very aggravating as there are tennis tournaments coming up I would like to watch on my computer, etc. I saw in the forum that many people have had this problem and no one knows how to fix it. Any new ideas from anyone? I have dsl internet connection on an acer laptop with 4 gb of ram, 320 gb hard drive and wireless is in the house but I am fully wired up to my connection.  Thanks for any help I get.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »
    I hate to pass the buck, but I suggest you contact Verizon support and see if they have any thoughts.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »
    A very recent update to Flash Player is available. It's version 10.1.102.64.

andyyoung2002

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 05:42:22 AM »
    I had the same problem with flash player crashing when viewing events on espn3.  I decided to uninstall flash player and reinstall it.  I discovered that I actually had flash 10 and flash 10.1 installed.  Apparently when I upgraded to flash 10.1 it left the old version behind, too.  So I uninstalled both.  Then I ran a registry scan and repair.  I also discovered that there is a developers release for flash 10.2.  You can find it here:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

So far, this seems to have resolved my issue.  Flash not longer crashes, and version 10.2 has very good performance!

Hope this helps.