Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: freeze  (Read 5917 times)

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

freeze
    « on: February 11, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »
    Windows 98SE, Excel 2000. I was doing an edit on an Excel spreadsheet when the screen froze. The arrow of the mouse moves around but clicking on Firefox, Word, Start does nothing. I have had this problem occasionally in the past. I have then simply re-booted. If I reboot now on that computer, I will lose the edit I have done. Is there an alternative?

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: freeze
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 10:45:42 PM »
    1. Press the alt key then the down arrows should give you access to the pull down menus so you can select save or save as to save the excel document you are working on.

2. Ctrl + S is the key combination to save the document.

Once the document is saved shut down the computer check the mouse connection and use a can of air blow out the buttons of the mouse.  If you have a spare one replace sounds as if the mouse is going.
    "Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Re: freeze
      « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 02:10:10 AM »
      Thank you. I have made a note of these actions. I was not advised of your reply, hence the delay in responding