Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pandora provides good music listening online  (Read 6372 times)

soybean

Topic Starter

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Pandora provides good music listening online
« on: February 15, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »
I'm recommending Pandora for anyone who would like to listen to music streaming over the Internet.  Pandora is personalized internet radio that is designed to help you discover new music you'll love mixed in with music you already know. 

You can choose between the free account, which provides up to 40 hours of free listening per month.  If the 40 hour limit is reached and more time is desired, pay just 99 cents for the rest of that calendar month.  The free account does involve some ads. 

For unlimited ad-free listening, a paid account costing $36 per year is available. Pandora's streaming music is only available in the U.S.  Smartphone and iPad users can also access Pandora's music.

Once you've created an account, you can design your own "stations"; you can configure a station to give you the kind of music you choose.  Biographical information on musicians is also available from Pandora.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Pandora provides good music listening online
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:33:16 AM »
I paid for the subscription a few months ago and am glad I did. I listen to Pandora at work very frequently and was hitting the 40 hours a month earlier and earlier every month.
Plus, with the paid subscription, you can listen for five hours straight without interruption. I think the free version times out at an hour. Also, I never saw or heard any ads when I was on the free version. No clue why.

So, I recommend Pandora, too. :)

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 10:50:11 AM »
Also, I never saw or heard any ads when I was on the free version. No clue why.

That's something they've started doing recently, the last year or so. I use it a lot less now that they have the ads.
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

soybean

Topic Starter

Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 11:51:36 AM »
Well, I can't fault them for using ads in the free service.  There has to be a revenue source somewhere to support that.

I find the ads not too annoying.  They tend to be short and not too frequent.

soybean

Topic Starter

Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 09:12:37 AM »
In my original post, I forgot to mention artists and songs can be bookmarked in Pandora's bookmarks.  To see your bookmarks, click on Your Profile, on the upper left portion of Pandora.com.