Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: keyboard disabled  (Read 2408 times)

blueviolet3

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    keyboard disabled
    « on: February 27, 2011, 02:09:53 PM »
    Hi,  I need help.  I'm using Windows7,  on a Samsung netbook N210.   Recently had a technician clean it up after a hacker got into the system.   The tech added Avast anti-virus and  Malwarebytes.   I sometimes add a favorite old external IBM keyboard to the netbook, as it's a little faster.   It was just fine before.   Now it  (the keyboard) has a yellow light that says it's in stand-by.   I tried shutting down and starting up again.   At one point a box popped up and said  it wasn't recognized.   I'd never had that happen before, and   I never even noticed it had a standby button.    I can't get it operational again, and I can't get in touch with the guy who worked on it.   Does anyone have any idea how I can get it out of standby ?   Thanks!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: keyboard disabled
    « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:39:04 PM »
    Power down and disconnect it...
    Then do 2 or 3 cold boots without it connected...
    Then power down again and re-connect it...
    Power up...does it do the same thing ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

blueviolet3

Topic Starter

Re: keyboard disabled
      « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 03:56:52 PM »
      Thank you for the reply.  I'll try that.   Sorry, I'm really new here,  kind of lost.    I need to correct my 'beginner status' ... I'm no expert and never will be ... but  I'm somewhere close to the middle.

Thanks again;  I'll let you know.   :)