Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: video card  (Read 6281 times)

GreatWhiteTiger

Re: video card
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 06:44:17 PM »
Ok I did what you suggested and the computer would never let me go into dual monitor. I think it might be due to the fact that the video isn't actually installed. I mean there is a driver loaded but I have the error message(not sure if thats the case or not).  Now I put in a different PCI video card and it worked like you said it should. Although dual function isn't what I'm trying to gain. I just simply wanted to swap Video Cards.

Now you asked me about the model compaq I had. Now thats a totally different topic.  You see, I bought this board and processor at a small comp shop (second Hand) Now before coming here for help with the video card I went to the compaq/hp website to look for updates. for about 3 days (off and on) I looked to try and figure out my model and all. finally I went into tech support chat and was given a link to ASTRA32 v 1.11. He told me that this will pull all info from my comp. ie  model, serial, bios version, usb version, anything and everything.  but the stupid thing WILL NOT WORK. I have uninstalled it re-installed it  deleted it re-downloaded it then re-installed it with no  change. It keeps freezing I pulled the download onto a floppy and it worked on 2 other comp's I have fine.  1 IBM board and 1 compaq Board.  So needless to say I can't get you the model info on the Board.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 07:01:02 PM »
...Now I put in a different PCI video card and it worked like you said it should. Although dual function isn't what I'm trying to gain. I just simply wanted to swap Video Cards. ....

For some reason, the video card you were given is just not going to play nice with your computer.  

Diamond Multimedia ST64VDVRM PCI E3 220 2+
I guess this is a Diamond Stealth 64, but this model is not listed on their website.
http://www.diamondmm.com/videodrivers.php

Compaq model number should be printed on a very small label on the side of the box and inside the box and maybe on the motherboard.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 07:03:11 PM by Computer_Commando »

GreatWhiteTiger

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 07:46:56 PM »
Diamond Multimedia ST64VDVRM PCI E3 220 2+
I guess this is a Diamond Stealth 64, but this model is not listed on their website.

ok I think that I found the correct driver not  sure but once I get it downloaded and installed I will let you know.

Compaq model number should be printed on a very small label on the side of the box and inside the box and maybe on the motherboard.

There was no compaq box for the board when I bought it. Although after I removed the PCI vid card, just for kicks I ran the astra32 program again. This is what it gave me:

board model:   Compaq 06E 4h
Bios Version:    Compaq Bios 786k1 Date 7/26/01
DMI/SMBIOS Version:   2.3