Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can they independently co-exist ---"Eudora" & "Mozilla Thunderbird"!  (Read 6355 times)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Can they independently co-exist ---"Eudora" & "Mozilla Thunderbird"!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 02:29:28 PM »
Have you ever tried using any other email client?
I've used:

> Outlook Express for many years; in contrast to WLM, it does not create a separate set of folders for each account when multiple accounts are created and it does not select the SMTP server based on the outgoing account being used.

> Microsoft Outlook (part of MS Office), with Office 97, Office 2003, and Office 2007.

> Windows Mail, the email client that comes with Windows Vista. 

> Evolution (slight usage) , an email client that comes with Linux Ubuntu.

> WLM, as discussed here.

> Thunderbird (slight usage), with Linux Ubuntu and as a portable app (running off a flash drive) with Windows 7, and I've observed that it assigns the outgoing/STMP server according to the From account selected, same as WLM.

I have not used Eudora.  Therefore, I can not replicate the "'Twin symptoms' of Eudora & Thunderbird".  But, this is irrelevant, isn't it?  Clearly, the conclusion of this discussion it that there's no need to use two email clients for the purpose of using two email accounts. 

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Can they independently co-exist ---"Eudora" & "Mozilla Thunderbird"!
    « Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 02:04:43 PM »
    Hello Soybean!

Please clarify the following quote of yours! Then what exactly Outlook express used to do?

I've used:

> Outlook Express  does not select the SMTP server based on the outgoing account being used.