Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: save photos to external hard drive w/windows 98  (Read 3069 times)

KBob

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    save photos to external hard drive w/windows 98
    « on: March 26, 2011, 11:01:47 AM »
    Have an ancient Gateway holding old photos hostage. Want to put them on my new computer. Connected new external USB hard drive, downloaded a driver, computer recognizes it but how do I actually get the photos file onto the hard drive?

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

KBob

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: save photos to external hard drive w/windows 98
      « Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »
      Okay, so I know how to click and drag files to move/copy them. The problem with Windows 98 is that there is only a few options to move a file to: Floppy disk, desktop...How do I get access the external hard drive? Thanks.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 04:16:27 PM »
      You said:  "...Connected new external USB hard drive, downloaded a driver, computer recognizes it..."
      So what's the problem?  Is drive shown in "My Computer"?
      Use CTRL + C & CTRL + V to copy & paste.

aussie11

Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 02:27:13 AM »
        Hi.
        Go to my computer double left click on the external drive this will open a new window and you should be able to see your files, if the new window is maximized make it smaller so you can see your desktop on one side.

Now place your cursor over the file you want to move press and hold left mouse button and move the cursor onto a space on the desktop and release the left button, that’s it.

You can use the same procedure to move the file anywhere on your C: drive i.e. My Photos or a new folder.