Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pictures  (Read 2371 times)

TREX294

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Pictures
    « on: April 10, 2011, 11:59:07 PM »
    I had a CD with about 200 pics on it, I went to ad more pics to that CD and it deleted or went over the old pics with the new pics. Are any of the deleted pics still going to be on that disc anywhere or did I lose them all?

If I did lose them all, then they should still be on my hard drive somewhere from what everyone is telling me, but I am having a problem booting up my computer and was wondering if there is a way to find pics and documents on my harddrive and have them moved over to another computer?

THanks, Darren

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Pictures
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:52:33 AM »
    Here's a way: http://www.scribd.com/doc/8437905/How-to-Use-UBUNTU-Live-CD-to-Backup-Files-From-Your-Dead-Windows-Computer.   I used this method of retrieving photos from a laptop that wouldn't start with Windows.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Pictures
      « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 02:17:36 PM »
      There are a number of issues here that are unclear to me.
      1. When you say you wanted to add "more" pictures to a CD that already had 200 pictures on it.
      a) was this a disc that was NOT finalized when the earlier pictures were put on it?
      b)was the disc a cd-rw disc?
      2. You wonder "if" you can recover the original 200 pictures from your HDD. This would only be possible provided when you transfered them to the CD you did NOT delete them from the HDD.
      3. If you know where these pictures were stored on the HDD (such as "my documents/my pictures) and you did not delete them they are still there. If you named any of them then you can do a search from "start" and locate it by searching with the assigned name you gave it/them.
        As a general comment from long ago i often had problems when i would NOT finalize a CD with the intention of adding more content later. Often the "adding" of the new content would cause the loss of the previous content. So i gave up doing that and always close (finalize) the disc at the end of the burning session. truenorth