Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer fast in Safe mode  (Read 15147 times)

Brandy

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: Computer fast in Safe mode
    « Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 09:51:30 AM »
    1.  I'm hoping one of the Mods will see this and remove your email address:
    Don't post messages with any personal information such as personal e-mail address, home address, phone number, credit card information, etc. All posts can be viewed by anyone or anything visiting the forums.
    2.  A number after the LAN means nothing, mine all say 2 or #2.  I think it has to do when the drivers are 1st installed, the hardware setting is changed from "blank" to a number.  Because your motherboard is a server with dual LANs, if both are BIOS enabled, one can be configured to transmit & the other to receive or a host of other ways I'm not familiar with.  It probably works better with XP-Server, than XP-Pro/Home.
    3.  Never heard of Cisco's Network Magic before.  Don't know why you would need or want it.

I thought that card was bad, I'd never heard of a failure like that before.  It could still be under warranty.

Thanks for the information, is there anything I can do to remove my email address?  As for the ATI, I'll try to contact AMD but this card is about 5 or more years old.  I'll let you know if I get anything positive.

Thanks again.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 10:01:25 AM »
    email addy taken care of...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Brandy

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
      email addy taken care of...

THANKS

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #33 on: April 19, 2011, 01:19:17 PM »
      ...As for the ATI, I'll try to contact AMD but this card is about 5 or more years old.  I'll let you know if I get anything positive...
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102414
      Most of the reviews are right at 5 years old.  I originally thought it was 2-3 years old.
      Graphics cards are not that expensive, you can get a decent one for $50-$100.  Get one with HDMI/VGA/DVI outputs since all new flat panel TV's have HDMI inputs.  Your old card has HDMI/VGA/S-video.

Brandy

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 09:09:11 PM »
        Hi,

After writing to the company about my video card problems and stating I would report here the results I was given a strong quote about the privacy law I would be breaking should I divulge the correspondence with them here.  So I guess I have to give that some strong thoughts, I have written to [email protected] to try and find out what my rights and theirs are.  Seems like they want me to keep quiet.

Brandy

email addy removed.
        « Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:26:04 PM by patio »