Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help adjusting new flat screen...  (Read 4094 times)

mark227

Topic Starter

Beginner

need help adjusting new flat screen...
    « on: April 21, 2011, 06:44:41 PM »
    Ok, I got a 22" LED monitor, resolution 1920x1080, got it from Office Max, the brand is an "AOC", model E2243FWK, reg. price $159.00 it was on sale for $119.00. It works great, only have to figure it out, it didn't come with a manual. I had to change my resolution settings, all my pictures looked stretched when I open them up. I changed it to the max, 1920x1080, but now everything looks so small when I open it, should I keep going less untill I get it the way I like? Also the screen is very bight, is there anyway to adjust the brightness? The names and numbers under my pictures, and even when I type, they look so light, not bold, some letters look like they're missing in spots, is this something I have to change too? I love the screen, just don't know how to adjust it right. Thanks......

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: need help adjusting new flat screen...
    « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 06:56:39 AM »
    What OS are you running? It could be both on the Windows operating system, display settings(for onboard video or graphics card) and the monitor itself. Some monitors have auto adjust for brightness or a main menu for you to configure. You could also look under display properties.
    it didn't come with a manual
    Found this link -> http://www.nam.aocdisplay.com/aoc/support_manuals.html

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:20:10 PM »
    1920x1080 is a 16:9 screen ratio, so any 16:9 ratio resolution should stop that "stretched" look. A 16:9 ratio lower resolution should make things appear a bit larger than at 1920x1080. Try something like 1600x900 or 1360x768 or 1280x720, this should make things appear a bit larger, but maintain the proper ratio.

Alternatively, you can also experiment with the Windows appearance settings, where you can adjust font sizes, icon sizes, etc. but that will generally only have an effect Windows itself, not your programs, whereas adjusting the resolution will.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 12:42:08 PM »
    ...the brand is an "AOC", model E2243FWK...
    Does your graphics card support 1920x1080 resolution?
    http://us.aoc.com/monitor_display/e2243fwk

Lumpy44

Beginner
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »
    Look at the on screen adjustments too for the brightness and what not. Setting that the way you like plus all the display options can really make the screen look how you want. Should be at least a few buttons on the screen someplace that can let you adjust or even better auto-adjust to your liking.

pugboy

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »
    Right click on your desktop ans select "Personalize". At the bottom left, click "Display". Top left, click on "Adjust Resolution".

Now, slide the resolution to the left, to you see either "1366 x 768" OR "1280 x 720". If you have both, try each one, and whichever looks sharper to you is better.

Good luck!