Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I convert PDF files to Epub for iPad 2  (Read 9813 times)

i8iphone8i

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    How can I convert PDF files to Epub for iPad 2
    « on: April 26, 2011, 09:49:42 AM »
    Hi all,
    I would like to know, is there any way I can convert PDF files (over 30MB, so "ePub2Go" is out) to ePub file so I can drop it off in iTunes and then read it on my iPad 2?
    I just want to be able to read PDF formated book on iPad 2... Apple, why are you so difficult?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: How can I convert PDF files to Epub for iPad 2
    « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:25:02 AM »
    You can read PDFs via the iBooks App available free on the App Store.

Additionally, I use the program PDF Reader Pro for PDFs, Word Documents, etc.

Might be worth a shot. (There is a free version)

green7o7o

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:51:33 AM »
      For iBooks and it's free. If you install it and are unable to find the app, restart your iPad and then it will show up. I had this problem and after doing some searches in google it seems to be a common problem but works great after that.

green7o7o

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 01:18:42 AM »
        For iBooks and it's free. If you install it and are unable to find the app, restart your iPad and then it will show up. I had this problem and after doing some searches in google it seems to be a common problem but works great after that.

Hopefully this work for you so much.
        « Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 09:04:26 AM by Carbon Dudeoxide »

steverae

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 11:13:01 PM »
          There are many many pdf to epub readers out there, it's just a matter of finding one that suits your personal needs, however, as you know the ipad can read pdf's via ibooks or if your jailbroken, there are many other alternatives such as ifile or even the builtin pdf viewer which is part of mobile safari.

Hope this helps, most converter tools are pc based so the conversion will be to be done offline then the epub pushed to the ipad via itunes.

sinaliun

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 07:07:28 AM »
          Also, you may try this tutorial about how to convert PDF to ePub on iPad. Results depend entirely on the PDFs that you want to convert.
          Hope it can do you a favor.
          Download iBook 1.1 version or later in apple store then you can read pdf file natively.
          But maybe the navigation of PDF files on iPad is not so smooth as ePub format at least I prefer ePub file's reading experience.

lan0.sky0

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 10:22:24 AM »
            As mentioned, iBooks can handle PDFs.  Drag and drop the desired PDFs into iTunes and then sync with your iPad.
            Some people have reported iBooks crashing shortly after opening large PDFs with iBooks.  It was suggested that a reset of the iDevice to resolve that issue.
            Personally, I haven't any large PDFs so I can't vouch for the resolution method above.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
            • Computer: Specs
            • Experience: Familiar
            « Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 06:23:51 AM »
            http://calibre-ebook.com/ Supports EVERY SINGLE ebook reader on the market. Even allows editing of metadata.
            In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
            Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Ivymin

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 03:01:27 AM »
              PDF is the worst file format for reading on eBook devices. However, you may try GoodReader or ReaddleDocs iPhone apps. They have a text reflow feature to extract and show only the text from the PDF file.
              Also, you may try this tutorial about how to convert PDF to ePub on iPad. Results depend entirely on the PDFs that you want to convert.
              Hope it can do you a favor.

lilywen

Starter

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 08:35:45 PM »
                First please make sure you have installed iBooks app in your iphone. If you don’t have it yet you can go to the iTunes Store to download one and it will be automatically installed the next time you sync your iPhone to your computer. Open the PDF file in the iBooks app and now you can enjoy your epub ibooks.
                Beside, you can ask google how to convert pdf to epub and he will give you recommendation of useful converter and instructive articles. For mac users, you can refer to this article: how to convert pdf to epub on mac.

<Links Removed> Possible malware hosted at recommended download site hotdownloads.com.
                « Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:21:31 AM by evilfantasy »