Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sony ICD-PX312D Digital Flash Voice Recorder With Dragon Naturally Speaking  (Read 7661 times)

smitty10492

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Hello I found this product and was going to use it for lectures at college if I purchase it. Has anyone heard of it or used it before?

Sony ICD-PX312D Digital Flash Voice Recorder with Dragon Naturally Speak

• Record In Multiple MP3 Formats
    • Internal 2GB Memory w/ micro-SD Expansion
    • Easily Turn Voice Recordings to Print
    • Monaural Mic w/ Hi/Med/Lo Sensitivity
    • Voice Operated Recording (VOR)
    • LCD Display & LED Indicators
    • Noise & Low-Cut for Enhanced Recordings
    • 3.5 mm Headphone Out & Microphone Input
    • Sound Organizer Software CD-ROM for PC
    • Dragon Naturally Speaking DVD-ROM for PC

Here is a link for more product details

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/754767-REG/Sony_ICDPX312D_ICDPX312D_DIGITAL_VOICE_RECORDER.html

Thank you

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    This pat of the forum is for recommendations for stuff you have already used. Anyway, Yes. I recommend Dragon NS  for speech recognition. I don't have a Sony recorder, but they have a good reputation.

It is for recording your lectures, not for the lectures of other people. Each voice has to be trained Any you have to be within a few inches of the microphone in a mostly low noise place.

If you have Vista or Windowxs 7, you can experiment with the voice recognition software. Dragon is about the same as Windows 7. Even the top end versions of Dragon, or anything else, can not handle high noise and reverberation levels.

The signal to noise has to be better that 20 db for usable voice recognition. A bout 25 db is better.You won't get that in a classroom unless you have a special noise-canceling mic up to your face.

I use Dragon for some of my posts. Right now I have the AC right next to me, so no can do.

Next time, please post in the other areas. This should have gone either in Software or Hardware.